BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Audaxes and sportives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

London-Edinburgh-London

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:22pm
I'm signed up to LEL, along with at least 5 other UK velomobile riders. Places are filling up very fast, over 500 places of the 850 places went in the first hour, by tommorrow the event maybe sold out.

Edited by LeeW - 04 January 2013 at 11:23pm
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:25pm
Clap

A Velomobile has got to be the right tool for that job - Especially if it's wet...
Good luck to you all...

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2013 at 8:32am
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Clap

A Velomobile has got to be the right tool for that job - Especially if it's wet...
Good luck to you all...

Apart from the 33,000 odd feet of climbing  Dead
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2013 at 9:17am
ROAM was 100k feet of climbing....
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2013 at 2:54pm
seems there are no more enties being taken now.....

you'll be able to ebay your enter for a good price Lee
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 2:36pm
any thoughts on the A66 between Trirk and Barnard Castel?
turn on to A1 around Bromton on Swale.
onto A66 till B6277.

folling google map seems to be some nice downhill sweeps on big onpe roads if you hit it at the right time.

also A10 route upto St.Ives?
this could be a good route for you faster riders wanting to clear some of the 180 rides that might be ahead of you down the back "b" roads

rgd
gd
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 7:35pm
yes I've thought about the A1 and A66, and no way am I going on either!  Despite what I look like I still feel too young to die!
graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 8:45pm
bad raod then :( at 4am?

and the A10 route?
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:11pm
A66, A1 is full of trucks 24hrs a day.  As for 4am, I have no plans of being near either road at that time!

No idea about A10, although I've heard it is very busy and fast.  TBH I haven't looked at routes in such detail yet.

The run from Thirsk to Barnard Castle is not bad anyway, a few climbs west of A1 but nothing compared with all the climbs further north.

BTW shouldn't discussions like this be by PM?
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:21pm
A10 from where to St Ives Graham??
The A10 is a fairly busy stretch of road... I cycled up the bit from the A414 at Hertford to the A120 quite a while ago on a ride from home to Clacton... Pretty grim!!
Not my favourite road as I was also knocked off a motorbike (Honda CB600 Hornet) on the A10 at the A414 roundabout... By my wife!!!!!

She was following me home in the car - I stopped at the roundabout and she didn't... Ouch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic