BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Audaxes and sportives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

London-Edinburgh-London

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London-Edinburgh-London
    Posted: 18 December 2012 at 4:49am
I'm aiming to do this ride later in 2013.  http://www.londonedinburghlondon.com/

Any other masochists fancy giving it a bash? If so entries open 5th Jan, ltd places and much foreign interest make it very popular and should get booked up quickly.

It is UK's equivalent tp Paris-Brest-Paris.  1400km in under 5 days.
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 7:30am
beware it clashes with the eurotour
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 7:32am
If you are considering doing ride london 100 then beware that it is only 2 days after the end of LEL and you may not have recovered from LEL. The upside though is that it also starts in london so saves traveling if you was to do both.
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 6:56pm
Valid points Lee. 
I'm not doing those, and i think £219 for 4 nights full board, and beds, and showers and snacks is excellant value, ok getting between the stops might be a bit trying, and fighting for a bed could be fun!
Paul Goodwin View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2012 at 7:56pm
I am sorely tempted, but a combination of lack of mileage for 2012 and the fact it starts the day after my girlfriend's birthday mean it may not happen.

Least I have just over two weeks to start thinking of ways of getting to it!
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 12:08am
I'm the same regarding mileage, so next 7 months are going to be dedicated to miles and more miles.  Can't you ask your girlfriend to have an honourary birthday?
Afraid I can't really help you with travel.

BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2012 at 8:16am
Heh, not too sure how well the honorary birthday will be taken, but always worth a try!

Getting down to the start should hopefully be ok, I'm somewhat tempted to take part in the prologue from the Palace to the start if I go ahead with it.

Planning on riding Kinderquest?
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2012 at 7:15pm
Yes indeed, little Q will be the machine.  Apparently a few recumbentists and velomobilers did it last time in 2009, including Andy Allsopp.  If you want to read a lengthy set of forum posts about his ride it is here, just be patient and from the point he returns he does a day by day report.

BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 9:43am
Clearly I have started the process of losing braincells earlier than expected, Liz's birthday is in June, not July. So as a result, this could well be something I can commit to.

I'll have a read through the thread, I've got the book he wrote about it as well buried somewhere.
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 10:54am
I believe the book is an expansion on the daily posts, so maybe you've read it all already!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic