BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

StourPort

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2012 at 10:15pm
Thumbs Up

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 5:33pm
John Relton has also offered to help organise and run the slow race if I'm organising... Clap

Wyndrake View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyndrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 8:00pm
I have previously offered to be an 'assistant' at Stourport if I'm needed.

Alan B.
NickM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Mike has asked me to see if anybody would be willing to put some words together for the magazine... Anybody up for that??

I volunteered for this particular duty weeks ago, just after Lancaster/Preston... Mike must have, er, forgotten Wacko
NickM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 8:22pm

...In my humble opinion the timing system is more trouble than it's worth in its current form...

And dread of using it puts people off volunteering to organise, as I am sure you are aware, Alan... Pinch

...Any  help will be welcome - especially somebody willing to start/stop the slow race so that I can have a ride...

I'm sure I could manage that (or assist in some other capacity, if not needed for that function).

Edited by NickM - 14 August 2012 at 8:25pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 11:35pm
Thanks chaps!

If somebody could just arrange to keep the rain away from the hairpins we should be laughing... LOL

Twed View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 12:48pm
Ooookkaay......I need to know if you are definitely not using the timing equipment, as I was about to try to fit in a full I/O test on all the connections and batteries .....some how between drying the camping gear and packing for our main holiday this weekend.
If not, then I can schedule this between my return and Ryll.
Never believe an atom they make up everything.
Twed View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 12:54pm
If it is a real dread that people have for the timing equipment, then I am willing to set it up and run it for the organisers. The instructions are clear.....but I like any other bod that has used it, just need the practice and the knowledge to spot the mistakes (eg not using the Master Tag :O)
Consider this before dismissing the systems usefulness.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Twed Twed wrote:

I need to know if you are definitely not using the timing equipment

Definitely not...

Will just need the laptop for signing on etc... Will use stopwatches and manual lap counting and results will be available by the end of the day. Wink

Twed View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 1:04pm
Phew! We need the time to pack and clean/tidy the house (house swap).
F & G should be bringing the Laptop ......as we Tweds are obviously not going to be there (to leave epidermal streaks and the clubhouse bend ;O)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic