BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > World Championships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

World Championships 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2012 at 4:13pm
Many thanks Richard!!!
Clap Thumbs Up

tim.p View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim.p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2012 at 4:26pm
Seconded!
Clap
more speed!
Twed View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 12:56pm
PHEW! We the Tweds are planning transport (purchase of appropriate vehicle) and bikes to ensure a certain Twedette races in the YeloDonkey.
Bad News: She started to train.
GoodNews: It only lasted a few weeks, and she now works in a Fish & Chip shop (brings the work home & scoffs it!).
Never believe an atom they make up everything.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 1:29pm
Big smile

tim.p View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim.p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Twed Twed wrote:

Bad News: She started to train.
Good News: It only lasted a few weeks

Phew!

At least this way I stand a chance of keeping up!

LOL
more speed!
tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 12:15pm
Greetings all,

I want to go to this event, for the first time. Has anyone researched routes, accomodation etc. I am driving from South Oxfordshire and google maps keeps sending me to Dover with a long drive at the other end, what is the best crossing? Is there camping or is it B&B or whatever?

Any advice for a newbie to the World Championships would be gratefully receievd.

Cheers

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 1:12pm
Just for info the event flyer which was posted in the member's area of the forum a while ago is here...

fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 2:02pm
Stuart,
Dover is the cheapest ferry crossing, if you're driving from the south then its the shortest as well.
It's also quicker as it's not an overnight crossing which most of the others are, however you can get snared up in traffic around antwerp.

Newcastle Imjuden (near amsterdam) would be the shortest amount of driving the other side, and the Major A roads are pretty quiet once you're past Amsterdam.

From where you are the Harwich/Hook ferry may be easiest, not sure how sensible their prices are now, as it gets you past most of the busier bits of belgium and southern netherlands. From there its easy to head up to zwolle and across to leer.

I'm not going to the worlds now, as I've committed to other stuff, but am planning on riding to cyclevision the week after.
I usually go via hull/rotterdam as it's quickest/easiest/shortest ride this side then a different route every year to CV :D
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2013 at 7:47pm
even quicker and sometimes cheaper is Eurotunnel, i've done it from the Dronten in the Netherlands to the East Midlands in 11hrs.

As Fards said in the morning especially around Antwerp traffic can be hellish, i was caught in traffic going out there once, although second time i let the Sat Nav take me on re-route through the countryside which was nice!  Probably added 30km, but knowing how long i was stuck in traffic (3hrs to do about 20km) i'm sure it was actually better.

Have you thought about public transport and getting a cheap flight?
tincanracer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 12:14pm
Thanks for these replies. I want to go by car as my son and I want to do a roadtrip together, and I am getting another car in June. Also don't fancy trying to squeeze a Kingcycle on Easyjet! I have looked and from Didcot (S Oxon) Harwich looks better. Its about the same distance as Dover but saves 150 miles on the other side. It cost about £83 each way so do-able.

Has anyone who is going sorted accomodation yet? Camping is favourite for us if its nearby. Also when do registrations open?

Thanks again

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic