BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Scunthorpe 2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Yanto63 Yanto63 wrote:

Graydog, are you going to make us wait until Sunday for the Race format, or can you let us all know now?

Originally posted by graydog earlier in this thread... graydog earlier in this thread... wrote:

two race format 3:7 split

1km tt,

40 min+2lap (as it is a short fast track) standard split in three sets,
 last race, fast streamers only*!!!.
first and second sets, split the reaming feild.

*(this will be based on your past history not that you just have a streamer, hope this does not mean that only lee and slash are batteling it outEmbarrassed) I understand Slash and co have no worries for riding in the main feild, but this format may give them that littel extra.Thumbs Up

the track is the best we have this year for record attempts, there will be an option to run on to the hour in the mid or fast race, I'll also be asking for the 200m gate timing system from Protobike, should this be ok with Adrian.

Fun race the DEVIL Evil Smile, if we dont go on the 200m flying starts.

regards
gd

graydog View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 9:19am
erConfusedr    page two...........Wink

race split 30:70

A)11:00hr 3lap tt,

20-30sec spaces as we have the timing system. 3lap tt done to make things simpler on the timing. 

40min, plus two laps (slow mid fast order to be advised )

B) 12:30 hr

C) 13:30 hr

D) 14:30 hr

(one slot will be an hour record time slot, with a the 40min race embedded so this may drift)

fast race, will be fast streamers only !!! unless the field is very small

200m and or devil fun race

E) 15-16:00 200m

these times are approximate, and if possible we will start earlier

it be interesting if we could set the 200m gate up at the same time as the tt, a rider wishing to attempt the 200m would make it known and on one of their laps enter the 200m gate. We will look at the feasibility of this Sunday morning.

Sign on from 10am ( I hope)

Probike is running the 200m timing system

Gnick the 40min race tag system

kind regards
Gd
Yanto63 View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 9:42am
i'm tired out just reading it! Sounds fun though in a masochistic way!
Ian
fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 11:07am
is there anyone coming up through the west mids I could grab a lift with?
 no bike etc just me
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 12:50pm
Will the 3 lap TT be a flying or standing start? If the former would it be possible to locate the start as far from a bend as possible? also would it be possible to start on the running track and then cross over onto the cycle track once upto speed (place the rubber mats over the grass)?

Edited by LeeW - 22 June 2010 at 12:52pm
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by LeeW LeeW wrote:

Will the 3 lap TT be a flying or standing start?

Standing, I think.  I appreciate a standing start on banking is problematical with landing-gear.  Would you be OK with a held start?  There'll be more than one person there with experience of holding up streamliners for starts.
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
Yanto63 View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 12:59pm
Is your gearing too high for a fast standing start Lee?

[edit] Isnt the bit between the bendy bits flat?

Edited by Yanto63 - 22 June 2010 at 1:01pm
Ian
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 1:05pm
My bottom gear is about 51 inch which is actually quite a bit lower than slashers at 72 inch!
Never had a held start before on the beany but hopefully should work if someone can do that for me.

Edited by LeeW - 23 June 2010 at 7:26pm
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

fards View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by LeeW LeeW wrote:

My bottom gear is about 51 inch which is actually quite a bit lower than slashers at 72 inch!
Never had a held start before on the beany but hopefully should work if someone can do that for me but could end up doing a woolrich (like at bentwaters)!

You have had a held start; I held you up on launch #2 at the 1hr TT at sloten, even after you'd got the wheels up :D

Edited by fards - 22 June 2010 at 1:11pm
Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Yanto63 Yanto63 wrote:

Isnt the bit between the bendy bits flat?

The straights are much less banked than the bends but no, not flat
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic