BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Topic ClosedLancaster / Preston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 6:39pm
Just noticed a few class corrections for Preston:

In Round 1: Sherri was O/P/L

In Round 2: NickM was O/St and Sherri was O/L/St

Will be impressed (though not entirely surprised!) if the race software can award 20% points to P and 80% to St for Sherri's results.
BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Yanto63 Yanto63 wrote:

I think both Stuart and i have been given one too many laps.
The video should sort this one out: I'll check Ian and Stuart tonight, along with the results for the Wars of the Roses and the English Civil War. Anyone else while I'm at it? Checking individuals is pretty quick, it's scoring a whole race that takes the time.
[/QUOTE]

I'd agree with Ian he only passed me once and Stuart never passed me so I think they've both been given one too many laps - sorry to rain on the parade.

Barney
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

I'll check Ian and Stuart tonight, along with the results for the Wars of the Roses and the English Civil War.
Yup, Ian did 17 laps and Stuart did 16, both one less than given. The Lancastrians won the Wars of the Roses and the Roundheads won the Civil War, although the video evidence for these last two isn't quite so good.

Revised (final?) results now:

Edited by Andrew S - 14 July 2009 at 9:36pm
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by McDee McDee wrote:

Will be impressed (though not entirely surprised!) if the race software can award 20% points to P and 80% to St for Sherri's results.
Prepare to be unimpressed: it isn't currently possible for one person to ride different bikes in different rounds. I thought it could be fiddled by entering them twice, then having them DNS on one of the bikes in each event, but no. Kevin??
Originally posted by Adrian Setter Adrian Setter wrote:

Points for Preston aren't quite right - more than likely my fault through not setting up the races properly on the software.
Not quite: it turns out the weighting factors get rounded to the nearest whole number, so 0.2 got rounded to 0 and 0.8 rounded to 1. I changed it to 20:80 and that seemed to fix it (although it's now so complex that it's beyond my abilities to check if it's right).
gNick View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

(although it's now so complex that it's beyond my abilities to check if it's right).

- how's the Physics degree coming along then? Evil SmileEvil SmileEvil Smile
gNick

"I'm afraid it's definite, Mrs Banker - your son has bicycles"
NickM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 9:16am
Originally posted by McDee McDee wrote:

In Round 2: NickM was O/St

Except that I have no desire to claim Street points and possibly push the real contenders in that class down the rankings - I am quite content to race the Kingcycle, bagged or unbagged, as Open only. Unless that makes life more difficult for the organisers/scorers, that is...

Edited by NickM - 15 July 2009 at 9:21am
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 1:43pm
The ease with which a Coulson Bag can be deployed, thereby changing class from Street to Faired, is a considerable problem for race administration. I propose a separate C (Coulson) class for bagged/unbagged Kingcycles... Ouch.
KevinJ View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 2:27pm
In answer to to the question of a rider riding in two different classes in 2 different races. No, software doesn't cater for it, though you can, as Andrew pointed out, enter twice in two classes and and do a dns in the one of the races.  I think from memoty it only take your highest in each class as the one that counts.  (Though I can't remember testing that!)

As for the rounding down - I use intergers to avoid dividing by a small number (not nice inthe calculations) so 1 and 4 or 20 and 80 should be fine.
Kevin Jenkins

Windcheetah
SherriD View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 6:51pm
Daft question here but can someone please tell me the track lengths for both Preston and Lancaster? Couldn't find them easily (if they are anywhere?) Ta
PLEASE IGNORE THIS MESSAGE - I HAVE JUST "FOUND" THE DISTANCES with some help... The joys of being new again!

Edited by SherriD - 15 July 2009 at 7:23pm
SherriD
Mark_S View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by LeeW LeeW wrote:

Some great pictures there.
Was you that guy with the camera standing right where I would most likly end up if I went into the bend too fast and stacked it?

Probably, but I have every confidence in your ability Smile  With nobody taking a tumble in last years rain I thought I was safe in the dry this year, but then again this machine looks to have had a mishap or two.

www.whiteflyerphtography.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic