BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Etc
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Topic ClosedLancaster / Preston

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 9:42pm
Ian- you were flying! Thumbs Up  I can't believe how close it is between our results.   I think that is an unofficial unfaired trike record for Preston too.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 10:39pm
Here are the provisional tables for:
[Astute users will spot that I'm having to use FTP instead of HTTP (whatever that means...) - this should work with most browsers but may be a source of some unhappiness for more exotic devices.]

Wyndrake View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2009 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Yanto63 Yanto63 wrote:

Err Alan as a man from gods own country i.e. Yorkshire - white rose! i think you had better correct your statement to read RED ROSE, urgh nasty side of the country, thats why i went so fast to get out there ASAP!!!!!!

Whoops - did not mean to restart Civil War! I should know better, having spent good deal of my working life in and around the Glassworks of Barnsley and Knottingley.......

Alan B.
Rob View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 7:07am
Originally posted by Wyndrake Wyndrake wrote:

Whoops - did not mean to restart Civil War! I should know better, having spent good deal of my working life in and around the Glassworks of Barnsley and Knottingley.......

Alan B.

Alan,
That'll be the War of the Roses you mean- the Civil War one was about funny hats vs small dogs or somefink like that... Rob
--
Rob, Westcountry Recumbents
http://www.wrhpv.com   http://mullimages.com   http://glydearoundbritain.blogspot.com
Yanto63 View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Yowie Yowie wrote:

Ian- you were flying! Thumbs Up  I can't believe how close it is between our results.   I think that is an unofficial unfaired trike record for Preston too.

Cheers Howard - I can't believe it either, so i had a closer look at positions, i think there has been a mistake!!!

Preston, round 2 race 2: I definately passed everybody once, but i know i didn't pass Richard twice! I think both Stuart and i have been given one too many laps. Trike record safe me thinks!
Ian
Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 9:23am
Points for Preston aren't quite right - more than likely my fault through not setting up the races properly on the software.  The points should be averaged with weightings of 0.2 for the TT and .8 for the bunch race (currently looks like the weightings are 0 and 1).
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 9:31am
Taking a lap off Ian and Stuart at Preston would make their average speeds similar to Lancaster (Ian: 22mph Lanc. 22.4mph Preston, Stuart: 21.1mph Lanc. 21mph Preston). People don't usually suddenly go 2mph faster unless there are extenuating circumstances. But was Richard only 19 seconds behind Stuart??

It would also mean that I move up a place Wink
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
NickM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 9:32am
I think Ian is right - I was scoring Richard, and noticed that Ian did lap the field, but only towards the very end of the race.

Of course, this has nothing to do with not wanting to be beaten by a trike! Smile
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Adrian Setter Adrian Setter wrote:

The points should be averaged with weightings of 0.2 for the TT and .8 for the bunch race (currently looks like the weightings are 0 and 1).
Yup, just checked and that's right: I shall fix and repost over lunch today.
Originally posted by Yanto63 Yanto63 wrote:

I think both Stuart and i have been given one too many laps.
The video should sort this one out: I'll check Ian and Stuart tonight, along with the results for the Wars of the Roses and the English Civil War. Anyone else while I'm at it? Checking individuals is pretty quick, it's scoring a whole race that takes the time.

Edited by Andrew S - 14 July 2009 at 10:44am
Wyndrake View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Rob Rob wrote:

Originally posted by Wyndrake Wyndrake wrote:

Alan B.

Alan,
That'll be the War of the Roses you mean- the Civil War one was about funny hats vs small dogs or somefink like that... Rob

.....and there was I thinking that the War of the Roses took place during my lifetime ... 1968/69 when Cadburys merged with Schweppes. More Tonic please nurse!

Alan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic