BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

For Sale - Windcheetah 320

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Sale - Windcheetah 320
    Posted: 27 March 2019 at 10:29am

Used but very mechanically very well maintained example of the Burrows Windcheetah. Loved, tuned and raced to some success (WHPVA 3rd 2018) and a very fast and stable trike. Bought used-approved from the Legendary DTek.

Complete bearing and inner cable change plus new chainset mid 2018. Has been exclusively for the world championships then used on the turbo trainer through winter so inside warm and dry - where it will stay for a little while longer until collected.

Some more details:

•  Slightly cut down original bucket seat with custom sticker bomb reverse (they do come off!). Ventisit pad can also be included.

• Shimano XT 9 Spd rear derailleur

• XT drilled rear 9spd casette 

• Shimano XT front triple dérailleur

• Sugino lightweight crankset (155mm) with Zephyr 33/52 double chainrings

• KMC X9 ultralight chain

• Aluminium drilled ceramic jockey wheels

• Titanium seat bolts (the big ones!)

• Heavy washing machine elastomers replaced with slim Cane Creek elastomers (lighter & lower)

• Everything steel replaced with Ali/Ti where possible

• Various seating angle holes drilled

• Custom sticker bombed seat back and idlers (Why not?) Can all be removed pre-sale without damage.

Setup options

• Your choice of Shimano 105 triple crankset (155mm) or Sugino 33/52 double crankset.
  • Your choice of slick Durano or wider Schwalbe marathon tyres (all with good life)

Extras

Comes with almost new Windcheetah rear rack, carbon flag pole and custom stitched flag as well as any size-specific spare bearings that go with it, light mounts and a set of home made but practical mudguards. Flat or SPD pedals can be included (not the pedals shown!) as can any light mounts etc that I have either bought or made to go with it.

Selling as it’s always been a little too short for me (I'm 5'10) and I’d like to get lower for racing - but is a fast, reliable machine ready for the road that will be missed! 

Asking a sensible £1300ono (BHPC members discount!) for this now collectors item - located in Dorset but can travel. Delivery available.

Any questions please ask - more photos to follow.

Marc

lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2019 at 11:01am
Can I get eBay to post? Can I hell.

More photos available here 
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/603781463419594/

M
lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2019 at 3:06pm
Price reduced!

Now asking only £1100 (BHPC members only - public price £1200) - Please buy so I am not tempted to use it now it's so shiny!

Also during April if you live anywhere between Poole and Birmingham I can get the trike to you FOC as I will be travelling that way on the 27th.

Marc
lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2019 at 11:28am
For anyone racing with the BPCC I will also be coming up to Bruntingthorpe on the 27th April to facilitate a sneaky handing over of said trike for brown bags full of cash. :)
lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 6:40pm
Now sold.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic