BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For Sale! "Jaffa" Challenge Fujin SL custom racer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

For Sale! "Jaffa" Challenge Fujin SL custom racer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For Sale! "Jaffa" Challenge Fujin SL custom racer
    Posted: 20 February 2019 at 8:57pm

FOR SALE!

£1,050.00 or very nearest offer!

How Do All ;-)

Here I have for sale my Challenge Fujin SL1, Low Racer "Jaffa"

Please see my site for full details and pictures:

http://ropeandcanvas.blogspot.com/2019/02/challenge-fujin-sl1-low-racer-jaffa-for.html

This is, or was my track and race bike, it is in Excellent condition, with only two areas of cosmetic damage (Honest details in the description and pictures) and a beautiful Pearly Jaffa Orange paint finish!

I used the bike for training at the local track (Hillingdon Cycle Circuit) twice a week, and raced in a very occasional BHPC race, as I'm not really into racing.

I have decided to sell the bike now as I have not ridden it since preparing it for racing and not actually racing it last year, and I'm not really interested in racing again, so would rather let it go to someone that will make proper use of it.

This bike is fully and properly serviced, set up and adjusted and is ready to ride today! with no further tinkering or twiddling needed, unless you want to of course!

The Details:

Challenge, Fujin SL1 Low Racer "Jaffa".

Seat height: 33 cm / 13"

Bottom bracket height ca. 56 cm / 22.0"

Wheelbase: 124 cm / 48.8"

Seat angle: 23°, 26° en 29°

Wheel size: 406 / 559

Average weight: 9,6 kg / 21 lbs (excl. seat pad and pedals)

Total weight limit: 95 kg / 210 lbs (rider and gear)

Frame: aluminium Challenge custom

Boom: aluminium alloy

Front fork: carbon monocoque

Seat: Challenge aluminium

Internal cable routing

Reinforced, stainless steel braid cable outers.

Stainless Steel inner cables

Above Seat Steering (ASS) Flip up titanium, telescopic tiller (custom conversion)

Brakes: Challenge rim brake front

Gearing: Ultegra rear mech / 105 front mech

Gear Shifters: Ciustom Modified Sram grip shifts with straight cable routing for super narrow race bar arrangement.

Cranks: shimano 105 triple, shortened to 140mm, set up double for racing, but inner ring and bolts included.

Fitted with special Challenge 7075-T6 55t outer ring and integrated chain guard needed for BHPC races.

Brand new Sram PC991 9 speed chains joined with special joining rivets and a power linked section for leg length adjustment, new spare chain sections included for adjustment.

New rear cassette, either 12/27 or 14/25 will update which later but can supply either or both if wanted!

Hubs: American Classic

Rims: Velocity Aeroheat AT

Rear disk wheel made with heat shrink Orocover aircraft film.

Spokes: Sapim Laser

Tyres: Schwalbe, Durano 1.1" (28mm) x 20" (406) & 26" (559) folding

Other Special items:

Hand Made Air Mesh seat pad, plus original foam Pad

Custom stainless steel neck rest and Air Mesh pillow

Custom made under-slung brake lever in Tufnol and aluminium, seized to the tiller with tarred nylon twine, Knotty Bear style!

Custom Idler arrangement with extra Terracycle return idler and custom made idler bracket.

Custom Faired mirror included also!

Please note:

The pedals are not included with the sale but will be left on to test ride unless you have your own preferred pedals.

There is an area of cosmetic damage on the right side of the seat, this was from the seat back being sat on and bending the side of the seat, done when the bike had a fixed tiller making it awkward to get down on it, this was "repaired" by a previous owner, by unnecessarily drilling the side of the seat and adding an unnecessary strengthening bar without straightening the seat. I removed this and the flaked paint to make sure the seat was sound and then straightened the side of the seat out, the seat is completely sound and needs no further strengthening, I chose not to paint "hide" the damaged area, as this is a race bike and I would rather show the damaged area to a buyer than hide it from them. (see pictures for details)

The top of the front mech post has some paint chipping. (see photo)

Under the front right seat mount some paint was removed when the chain came off the power idler due to a badly made chain keeper, this I have painted and made a proper fitting idler! (see picture)

This is a gorgeous bike and needs no cleaning, work or improvements, you can race off into the sunset with no worries at all! other than adjusting leg length.

If I have missed anything or you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Please see all the pictures for a full 360 visual examination.

I am more than happy to have anyone come visit me and examine the Jaffa without obligation. I am in the Heathrow Villages area Hillingdon, Middlesex.

If you are interested in this item please contact me via: 

knotty dot bear at gmail dot com

Edited by bazz - 20 February 2019 at 8:58pm
lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2019 at 5:15pm
Hi Bazz

I am toying with swapping my speedy with either a VTX or something of a 2 wheeled nature... I saw this a while ago and it's still holding my interest. Mainly because I love orange.

The main objective will be for racing so I guess my main question is - is this fast as f^&k? What kind of averages do you get on it?

Thanks M :)
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2019 at 5:26pm
Fujin SL, probably one of the fastest "metal" 20/26 low racers there is, and it's orange which adds 5 mph!

bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Yanto Yanto wrote:

Fujin SL, probably one of the fastest "metal" 20/26 low racers there is, and it's orange which adds 5 mph!

I couldn't agree more with you Ian ;-)

Marc I have replied to your email.
bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2019 at 3:38pm
Sold!
Thank you for looking.

Take care,
Barry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic