BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Fairings - free to a good home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velocio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fairings - free to a good home
    Posted: 02 October 2017 at 1:55pm
Free to a good home - I have two Aerobike fairings, one was fitted to the bike; the other has never been fitted and still has the excess material on the edges.  Both are made of flexible plastic, medium blue in colour.  The used one has an old style dynamo headlight fitted into the fairing using a bracket on the inside.

If you're not familiar with the aerobike design it was quite unusual, with a high seating position and the fairing built in to the steering / handlebar however these might be useful to provide part of a fairing for another machine.

Collection preferred (from North East England) as they would be awkward to post, as a result of the size.  Approximately 41" long, 16.5" wide.  The one that has been used is slightly wider, I assume it flattened out a bit with use.  Pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143770804@N02/shares/DX056x
https://www.flickr.com/photos/143770804@N02/shares/Y4s821
Velocio
michael-gruetzner View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael-gruetzner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 5:08pm
Hello Velocio!

Are the fairings still there? 

I know Loren Hufstettler (who's company is/was Aerobikes) and he still has some old parts there so might be a nice project??!!

Where in 'The North' would they be?

Thanks
Michael
Velocio View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Velocio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 5:38pm
Michael - yes, I still have them.  I live at Seaham, near Sunderland.  I've also acquired an Aerobike Sprint, the racing version, so although I have modified both of them I suppose that is a full set of their machines.  I wonder if Loren has any brochures or other information - a friend of mine managed to find some adverts.  They were obviously quite advanced machines for the time.

If it looks feasible to travel to Seaham, or maybe meet up somewhere nearby, let me know.

Dave
Velocio
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic