BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Events Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2018 at 8:51pm
Many thanks for all the hard work Chris!
It looks like a great selection of varied tracks to me, well spread out around the country.

Roy:
We've raced successfully at Curborough recently, using both the full circuit and just the top loop that the pedal cars race on. There is two-way traffic when we use the full circuit but it's fairly wide.

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2018 at 9:29pm
Hi Alan

And if another velombile flies of the track on a bend again? When you enter the two way section from the bend as it becomes a two way section looks hazardous to me.

All the best.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 21 December 2018 at 9:38pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2018 at 9:59pm
We race it the other way around now I think...
We had velomobiles and streamliners racing there a couple of years ago.

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

We race it the other way around now I think...
We had velomobiles and streamliners racing there a couple of years ago.

That makes sense as long as no one swings wide to take the racing line around the bend. The cars must do that as well. Also occured to me maybe just the bottom loop was being used. 

Thanks.

Roy
trykit View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trykit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2018 at 7:06pm
There are usually cones separating the two lanes. So no’one should ever be taking the bend that wide. I’ve raced both ways but as I’m a slow coach on an upwrong trike there is not a problem. The circuit suits the trike. However I am not able to ride a velodrome with banking. So something for all here.
Mr Trykit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic