BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Building
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Encourage DIY improvements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2020 at 9:21am
Clap
Balor View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 4:59am

I'd printed frame clamp with ball bearings. Will be sandwiched between laser cut plates (or one can use carbon fiber)
I think it might be a good alternative to aluminium CNC, but needs testing obviously.
Balor View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2020 at 10:21am
Steering wheel bogie (iLean, in fact).

There is some resistance to steering, but I don't find it bad in practice. Need some extra work and I can do more test... compare to very good rear suspension it is not AS good, but seems better than 26" front suspension fork!

Will be even better with 20" wheels I presume, but I don't have them.
Woolly Hat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolly Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2020 at 5:29pm
I'd love to ride that through town and count all the double takes as everyone looks at you as if you've grown an extra wheel! 
Now if only there was an easy way to get a constant length chain drive to an iLean axle so that you could have 4 wheels, solid frame and suspension. Or is that what you're working on next?
Ross Low Racer 77 - beware of unexpected changes of direction
Balor View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Balor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2020 at 6:09pm
Don't really need that I think, but that's is in fact possible AND was done before:

http://members.westnet.com.au/rjharrop/recumbents/main/inline3%20wheeler.htm

Funny thing about it that has much shorter wheelbase in effect, because 'rear rear wheel' is exempt from wheelbase calculation because it is a caster when it comes to turning circle calculation.

Replacing iLean front end with same inline rocker, but with castering FRONT wheel you'll can get huge 'effective negative offset' equal to half the rocker length even if you have no offset or rake to main steering pivot:

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2020 at 7:30pm
There is a video of Daniel Fenn off road testing a Tripendo leaning trike I thought might interest you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1DQ6tjdHoE

All the best.
Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic