BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Social Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Ely-Cambridge-Ely 31-May-15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 6:55pm
Many thanks Will!! Really nice ride...

Sunday 25th looks doable for me if anybody would like to see some of the roads around here - Probably out over Ivinghoe Beacon... There will be some hills (but lots of down as well as up... ) Big smile

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2015 at 9:35am
Looking at something like this for the 25th... https://www.strava.com/routes/3490585

Fairly lumpy but some nice scenery and mostly quiet roads...
Probably a few locals from the Hemel Cycling Facebook group - mostly on upwrongs as they haven't been converted yet!

cookie32 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2015 at 4:38pm
What a group. Alan, Rob, Rich drove in from a far distance to join Jon, Brian, Shahbaz and I. Marco joined us enroute just before we reached Oxborough. This is the largest group we've had and they picked the perfect ride to show up. Every mile seemed to raise the temperature outside and the laughs amongst the group. Rich even afforded us a laugh as a pretty lady said hello he saw fit to lay his bike on its side. I think I'll find a better place to stop for a snack next time we head out this way. They were friendly but we had to sit outside due to booking and the prices were a touch high. We were blessed with long straight roads on the way back home along with beautiful weather. Hats off to Shahbaz for taking his first ride of the year on a DF and doing 55 miles. Thanks again to Rob, Alan,and Rich for driving in and everyone else for attending.

https://youtu.be/BlrNU7RQpME

Edited by cookie32 - 13 October 2015 at 6:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic