BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Duo Normand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duo Normand
    Posted: 24 September 2011 at 10:51pm

I've uploaded a few photos from last weekend's Duo Normand - a 54km time trial I rode with a guy from Cherbourg called Michel Henry:

Here are some photos of the other recumbent teams that rode in the "Velo Couches" category:

As you can see, the weather was as varied as the machines that took part - teams of low racers, high racers, front wheel drive and a tandem! Many of the 399 pairs of riders taking part train and race together, working out tactics to ensure that both riders are riding as close to their limits as possible, with this event being an end of season target. I met my team-mate (co-equiper) 30 minutes before our start time - with no ride or warm-up! Despite this, the torrential rain at the start and the puncture half way through it was a good race because we had a very similar ability. The puncture should only have required a quick wheel swap bcause Sherri was driving behind us in her support car, but I was riding my spare wheels, so we had to resort to a lengthy tube replacement! Without this, our time of 1:41:20 would have been around 1:33:00 - a reasonable time given the conditions and lack of riding this year on my part.

Edited by KeithD - 24 September 2011 at 10:51pm
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 11:42pm
That looks damp! Good to see so many recumbent teams though Thumbs Up
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic