BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Darley Moor, 8th July

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 8:34pm
Apparently the timing system decided it did not want to work today so we ended up with lap counting.
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 8:41pm
My thanks for the prompt resultage :)
Had a fab time, many thanks for all those who made it possible. Circuit is now really nice with new surface on the back straight. Was a fun race for me and very close too. I had no rear view so had no idea if yanto was on my tail or not after I passed him.
Well done to newcommer Karen too, she was going rather quickly on that beautiful machine of hers. First time we had an Olympion riding?
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 9:30pm
Many thanks to Heather and Andrew and Barney for organisating (Fiona says thank you too). Get well soon Adrian.

Good to see the handcycle boys again - it's been so long since last time, Geoff couldn't remember my name, despite it being the same as his LOL

Really enjoyed the day and the weather was unexpectedly perfect!
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Shhhhh! Don't mention the timing system.... Wink
Indeed: the power supply for the tag box seems to be dead (although the battery was OK). I couldn't connect to the box from the laptop so couldn't wake-up the tags. Signers-on were gathering threateningly around the desk by this time so I gave up.

PS: And the instructions have vanished from the tag box, making it more than usually enigmatic.
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 9:49am
Thanks to all who helped out yesterday especially Barney and Nick Marshall, without whom the time trial would have been a little more challenging! And to all those who performed excellent tallying duties.

Apologies to those who brought stuff for the promised cycle jumble. I'm afraid I forgot to announce it and by the time John Lucian reminded me, many people were ready to go.

There were also World Championship T shirts for sale which are being looked after by Anne Tweddle and which will (probably?) be available at the Lancaster/Preston weekend.

Heather
Adrian Setter View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Setter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 2:06pm
My thanks, too, to Andrew, Heather and everybody else who helped with organisation.

Also to Fiona for her usual excellent job in patching up the scraped and a special mention to Anne Tweddle for stopping to help out when Anne Coulson and I went down in the TT.  I've heard that there was a story from a bystander that Anne had taken me out.  Not true: I lost it on the corner and Anne, who I'd just passed, ploughed into the wreckage a second or two later.

Finally, thanks to the Weather Gods for clearing up in time for a good day's racing.  Apparently Park corner was under more than a foot of standing water on Friday afternoon, which would have made riding a low-racer interesting (though possibly less painful).
Challenge Hurricane - MicWic Delta (Front half) - Burrows Ratracer
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 2:41pm
My very best wishes to both Adrian and Anne for a swift recovery and hope to see both back in full action for Preston/Lancaster.

The same eye-witness who reported Anne ramming Adrian from behind also told me that two-wheelers were inherently unstable and hence bound to crash. Apparently the 'young lass on the trike' (indicating Nick Marshall) was much safer...

BarneyH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarneyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 4:01pm
Crashes apart I think most folk had a good time, unfortunately I was too busy helping Heather to take many photo's and could do with some to go with the article that a certain Mr B has forced requested me to write.

Any body got any decent shots?

Hopefully I'll be back on a bike by Preston as well.
NickM View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2012 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

...the 'young lass on the trike' (indicating Nick Marshall) was much safer...

Confused by the flowing locks streaming out from under the Marshall helmet, no doubt Shocked

Didn't spot the two days' stubble, then Confused

Thanks to everybody (especially Heather) who contributed to the best day we have had at Darley Moor for ages. We hope that the injured (and Barney's knee) get better soon. It's only three weeks to Lancaster/Preston!
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2012 at 9:01am
Here's a link, (hopefully) to the video i made of the fast race:

Edited by Yanto - 10 July 2012 at 9:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic