BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Cycle Vision

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Dekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cycle Vision
    Posted: 09 June 2011 at 2:35am
Dear recumbent enthousiasts,
we will have our races at Cycle Vision again. We think we have put together an interesting race programme, and of course enough other items such as lectures, touring rides, trial track, trade show etcetera.
I would like to draw your attention that up to 17th of June we have a discount on race fees.
If you decide to come and possibly bring your family, please visit our suggestions page for combination ideas for your stay.
We hope to see some people from the rest of Europe of course.
Visitors from overseas are asked to register by internet application form, and are allowed to pay at arrival.
Jack
Jack Dekker View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Dekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 4:02pm
if anyone wants to see how the event looked like this year we have a news item
http://www.ligfiets.net/news/3854/films-verslagen-blogs-van-cycle-vision.html
Jack
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 6:02pm
Is that a vector I see in the pictures?
It looks like one of the ones from a race at milton keys in 1985 http://home.comcast.net/~jeff_wills/vector/vector.htm
The top piece is the original colour but the rest looks like it has been painted green.
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 8:14pm
if it is at the same venue next year I think i might be tempted, that track looks sooooooo smooooooth! and lovely bends!!!
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 11:03pm
I noticed in the pictures there was a busted up Milan SL and a busted up WAW, what happened?

Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Dekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 1:03am
@Lee, The milan found a pole, one of the very few there. Missed it several rounds but eventually hit it.Rider got out and walked to the first aid himself, he had a bruised elbow.

Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Dekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 1:06am
@lee, yes it is a vector, but he had lots and lots of difficulty of damp (water) within the bike. I talked to Wim Schermer who designed a cap and he would take up contact to mail a simple solution to the problem. I do not know exactly what it was, something with holes and flowing air.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Yanto Yanto wrote:

that track looks sooooooo smooooooth! and lovely bends!!!
The track at Flevonice is brilliant, at least for two-wheelers - fast, swooping bends and some long, curving straights (eh? Ed.). I'm told it's a bit of a tyre-shredder for trikes and velomobs though. Plus the facilities are excellent with a restaurant, bar, showers and camping all on site.

I much preferred it to Zandvoort, which must be great fun at 150mph but a bit dull at 30mph, and even Slotenpark in Amsterdam. Well recommended if it's there again next year.
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Dekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 7:07pm
@Andrew,
good chance that it will be repeated next year on the same track(s) so the "holy tarmac" of RDW track which was replaced last year, and a combination with a race on one of the straight roads. In fact, this combination was reviewed by our committee for the WC.
Jack
LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 7:12pm
Will the straight road be closed? Please no 20km TT's like the one at tilberg.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic