BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

cuckoo tail fairing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 1:20pm
So is it a Raaa naked and a Raaaa with a tail-fairing? Confused I think we should be told Wink
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 7:58pm
How Do Geoff,

I Recall a comment made in whichever magazine it was in; in one of the race reports? "the fairing has to be that long to get all the a's on it" LOL the bike has three a's and the fairing has fwor a's. I think the extra a on the fairing was for the extra Raaa factor.

Take care,
Barry ;-)

Edited by bazz - 28 July 2011 at 7:59pm
Yowie View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 10:49pm
Barry is absolutely right.  Raaa is unfaired, and becomes Raaaa with the silver tail fairing.  The fairing will be attending Lancaster and Presto, as will Dave himself although they will not be racing together.

Edited by Yowie - 28 July 2011 at 10:50pm
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 10:56pm
Yowie wrote: "The fairing will be attending Lancaster and Presto, as will Dave himself although they will not be racing together."

So, the fairing will be racing on its own, Howard?? Extra Raaa factor??? This is no physics I'm familiar with. I'm getting more and more confused.....Wacko
Paul Goodwin View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Goodwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 9:14am
Clearly this is no ordinary fairing, perhaps if I can harness this self racing abiliity then I'll be finishing in a slightly less bedraggled manner!

Thanks for the update Yowie, investigations shall be made!
bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 9:42am
Originally posted by GeoffBird GeoffBird wrote:

So, the fairing will be racing on its own, Howard?? Extra Raaa factor??? This is no physics I'm familiar with. I'm getting more and more confused.....Wacko

And you being an Engineer and all! surly you must have felt the "Raaaa" factor when overtaking cars and DF's at laid back warp speed. "Raaaa"!Big smile
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 11:31am
This Raaa factor obviously deserves further investigation Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic