BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Challenge Fujin SL1 Lowracer - 'Jaffa'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Challenge Fujin SL1 Lowracer - 'Jaffa'
    Posted: 26 March 2019 at 10:42am
Excellent condition Fujin SL1. 

In case you're wondering - yes - this is the same bike! Bought a few days ago from the lovely Baz – over the moon with it and took to riding it easily. Super fast. 

However... after a couple of rides on the busy, crap roads of Dorset with no track close, I've decided to go with my gut and put it straight back on to someone who can use it all the time while it is still pristine (And I mean pristine – probably the best maintained bike I've ever bought. 

This bike is fully serviced, set up and adjusted and is ready to ride complete new drivetrain and rides like a dream. With only two areas of minor cosmetic damage. 

The Details:

Challenge, Fujin SL1 Low Racer

Seat height: 33 cm / 13"
Bottom bracket height ca. 56 cm / 22.0"
Wheelbase: 124 cm / 48.8"
Seat angle: 23°, 26° en 29°
Wheel size: 406 / 559
Average weight: 9,6 kg / 21 lbs (excl. seat pad and pedals)
Total weight limit: 95 kg / 210 lbs (rider and gear)

Frame: aluminium Challenge custom
Boom: aluminium alloy
Front fork: carbon monocoque
Seat: Challenge aluminium
Internal cable routing
Reinforced, stainless steel braid cable outers.
Above Seat Steering (ASS) Flip up titanium, telescopic tiller (custom conversion)
Brakes: Challenge rim brake front

Gearing: Ultegra rear mech / 105 front mech
Gear Shifters: Custom Modified Sram grip shifts with straight cable routing
Cranks: shimano 105 triple, shortened to 140mm, set up double (7075-T6 55t) plus chainguard - inner ring and bolts also included
Brand new Sram PC991 9 speed chains, power linked sections for leg length adjustment, new spare chain sections included.
New rear cassette, either 12/27
Hubs: American Classic
Rims: Velocity Aeroheat AT
Rear disk wheel made with heat shrink Orocover aircraft film (repair spares included).
Spokes: Sapim Laser
Tyres: Schwalbe, Durano 1.1" (28mm) x 20" (406) & 26" (559) folding

Other Special items:
Hand Made Air Mesh seat pad, plus original spare foam Pad
Custom stainless steel neck rest and Air Mesh pillow
Custom made under-slung brake lever in Tufnol and aluminium
Custom Idler arrangement with extra Terracycle return idler and custom made idler bracket
Custom Faired mirror 

There is an area of cosmetic damage on the right side of the seat "repaired" by a previous owner, by unnecessarily drilling the side of the seat and adding an unnecessary strengthening bar without straightening the seat. The seat is completely sound and needs no further strengthening, I chose not to "hide" the damaged area (see pictures for details).

The top of the front mech post has some paint chipping and also a minor one under the seat mount. (see photos).

Apart from those very minor points this is a virtually new bike and needs no cleaning, work or improvements, you can race off into the sunset with no worries at all! other than adjusting leg length (for which there are extra chain segments included).

Delivery/transport can also be arranged at extra cost - I am located in Poole very near the ferry terminal for EU buyers and will also be coming to France this year. Any questions please ask - viewings are very welcome. 

Asking £1050 on ebay, but BHPC members can get it for £950 for a quick sale... keep it quiet! ;)

Thanks, Marc

More pics https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264255618456
bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2019 at 4:38pm
Hi Marc & All,

I just want to add to this; Marc is a thoroughly Genuine and Nice Chap, just in case anyone looking is pondering if this is a genuine sale/seller, it is, he is and I will happily vouch for him.

I'm really sorry that this bike did not work out for you in such a short time Marc, and you rode it like you had been riding two wheel recumbent's for ever! I couldn't believe this was your first time riding one! 
its such a shame that the roads your want to train on are so bad especially as you left with such a massive recumbent grin on your face!

I wish you all the best with the sale, and also for the World Championships, on whatever you will be racing.

Take care,
Barry ;-)
lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2019 at 3:08pm
Just to add - Also during April if you live anywhere between Poole and Birmingham I can get the trike to you FOC as I will be travelling that way on the 27th/28th April.

I may also be able to get it as far as Glasgow as we are going up for an event for work....

Marc
lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2019 at 10:28am
Sold pending delivery. Thanks all!
bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2019 at 3:39pm
Thumbs Up
lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2019 at 4:20pm
Now sold!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic