BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Carbon wheel disks and moulds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbon wheel disks and moulds
    Posted: 13 August 2011 at 6:17pm
How Do All ;-)

I have a pair of home made Carbon wheel disks which I no longer require  and have no room for; along with some home made moulds for them, maybe of interest to anyone wanting to try disking their rear wheel or maybe have a go at making some disks,
The disks are held to the rim with small rubber bands over Carbon clips, and a few zip ties at the hub.

there is also a split gauge which I used to measure the dishing should you want to make some more moulds. 

The carbon disks are for a 26" wheel with disk brake hub, the disks can be spit and re-joined if needed to correct the dish to a particular wheel, as I did on the drive side.

The finished moulds would benefit from a little filler along the join line as there is a small ridge I was not too fussy about that though.

please see the pictures in this album for details.

If anyone would like to slip me £20 for the above, I can arrange to bring the lot to Hillingdon.

Take care,
Barry ;-)

Edited by bazz - 13 August 2011 at 6:21pm
bazz View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 8:54pm
Now Taken; Pending collection.

Thank you,
Barry ;-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic