BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

CANCELLATION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CANCELLATION
    Posted: 17 March 2020 at 8:01pm
With much sadness we are going to have to delay the start of the BHPC race season. The latest recommendations from the Government mean that people need to avoid unnecessary contact with others and limit travelling as much as possible. Also of course, those over 70 have to self-isolate which would take about half of our competitors away... Wink. We are therefore forced to cancel Hillingdon. We suspect that the events at Middlesbrough, Preston and Knowsley are also unlikely to be viable but things are changing rapidly and we will keep an eye on the advice from Government and others, and get back on track as soon as we can. In the meantime, please look after yourselves and those around you. Hope to see you all soon.

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 8:25pm
God help us all if we are taking advice from a Government that brought us Brexit!
All the best.
Roy
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

With much sadness we are going to have to delay the start of the BHPC race season.
[...]

I've made a quick edit to the relevant pages of the website to reflect that, and linked to this thread.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 8:56pm
Thanks Kim!

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

God help us all if we are taking advice from a Government that brought us Brexit!
All the best.
Roy

Clown
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2020 at 11:22pm
Cry Stay safe all...

Everyone get on the turbo whilst home 'working' - I expect us all to have thighs like Chris Hoy by July...
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 8:29am
Good suggestion from Russ there. Does anyone have any details they can post here about a training program by Larry Olsen who came to Nandax 2019? Riders post results from either a turbo trainer or a real ride (I forget which) then a collective chart is published. There was some good feedback but I am very hazy about the details.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 8:35am
My plan is to keep riding on the road as long as I can.
Best way I know of social distancing. :)

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2020 at 9:00am
Originally posted by atlas_shrugged atlas_shrugged wrote:

Good suggestion from Russ there. Does anyone have any details they can post here about a training program by Larry Olsen who came to Nandax 2019? Riders post results from either a turbo trainer or a real ride (I forget which) then a collective chart is published. There was some good feedback but I am very hazy about the details.

Strava? Already embedded in the clubs main web page. Just join Strava (it's free) to see all the clubs Strava riders activities, and your own of course. I have dedicated Garmin but it also works on a smartphone, or if you really aren't out of the stone age yet, you can just enter the ride details manually.

There are also some good training programs on Strava and it sends emails to remind you of what you should be doing once you tell it what you want.

All the best.
Roy  

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 18 March 2020 at 9:02am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2020 at 10:40pm
As I'm sure most of you will have guessed, Round 2 (Middlesbrough on the 10th May) will not now be happening. Preston/Knowsley on the 30/31 May are looking very unlikely but we are hopeful we may still be able to race at York in June... We will obviously keep you posted. In the meantime, the roads are quieter than during a World Cup Final and the air is cleaner than usual, so please make the most of your daily permitted exercise and get some riding in (only on your own or with members of your household of course...) Feel free to join our Strava group so that you can compare your efforts to the rest of us and see who you need to look out for when we get to the track!! https://www.strava.com/clubs/bhpc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic