BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Burrows Ratracer SL for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surface Effect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burrows Ratracer SL for sale
    Posted: 05 May 2019 at 8:40pm
Time to reduce the cycle collection after a few years of fun around the New Forest.
Built around 2006/2007, this Ratracer SL is number 11 of 12 of these production recumbents from the Burrows' stable. It is FWD and was originally equipped with an 8 speed Alfine gear hub. I have installed an 11 speed Alfine laced into a 26" MTB wheel plus a new purpose-built titanium fork. The result is a much more usable gear range, greater choice of tyres and about half a kilo weight saving (despite the larger wheel). All the original components come as part of the sale.
The machine is currently fitted with a generic glass-fibre seat which has an Optima reticulated foam cushion. The original Burrows seat and cushion come with the bike. I have been using an experimental inflatable-pocket cushion which is probably the most comfortable of the three. It's not pretty but works well (also included).
The machine is in good but not perfect condition. The rear hub has some cosmetic corrosion and the bearing runs smoothly but has an audible "tick" at speed and there are a some minor paint scratches. Gear selection changing up to gear 10 is a bit hit-n-miss but Alfine 11s are all a bit fussy in this respect. Some methodical cable adjustment normally sorts most selection problems. Pads on the hydraulic front brake probably need changing soon.
I'm looking for around £1650. Collection from Southampton area. malcolm.cox[at]virgin.net if PM unavailable.
uploads/2907/Ratracer_SL_for_sale_Small.JPG
Surface Effect View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surface Effect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 9:51am
I seem to have been unsuccessful in uploading a reduced-size picture of the Ratracer. There are some more detailed pics at this Dropbox location:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r3otz6dky3z8ddr/AABFLRtF8bWCoJSeSqKCyu38a?dl=0
There is a VDO wireless speedo fitted but I haven't rigged it up for the new wheel set-up yet, so can't guarantee that it is still functional.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic