BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

bicycle sidecar Kickstarter launch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bicycle sidecar Kickstarter launch
    Posted: 23 November 2018 at 12:23pm
You should be able take delivery of your own SideBikes in the spring. Smile

It's all explained in this link here...

funnyfrontend
evenbad View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evenbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2018 at 12:19am
just saying why is this post in the for sale section!
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by evenbad evenbad wrote:

just saying why is this post in the for sale section!

Because we don't have a "begging" section?
Ian, racing again No 6.
bob walton View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2018 at 6:55pm
because you can buy one and have it in the spring if enough people back the project. 
funnyfrontend
evenbad View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evenbad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 5:01pm
My bad thought it was for private sellers not commercial etc  
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 8:08pm
I don't know if you would call it commercial exactly. Its just me trying to get my invention made. If the post is bothering you you can take it down - or ask the moderator to do it. I wasn't expecting the Spanish inquisition. Confused
funnyfrontend
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2018 at 10:17pm
It's fine - Good luck with it...
Sadly my kids are much too big for it now!

You might want to try whacking some videos of it up on Facebook and the other social media outlets that I'm too old for... Join all the relevant Facebook groups and spread the word that way.
If you can get people talking about it on there that will probably give it it's best chance.

Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2018 at 8:46pm
I have had loads of positive feedback on social media but that isn't converting to Kickstarter pledges. And maybe Kickstarter isn't the best way to go with this type of project. But in any case I would still love to go ahead with the project in future and I am making plans to do so. So if you are interested in the SideBike, 

PLEASE EMAIL ME.. thesidebike@gmail.com

....and I will contact you if and when they go on general sale, so you can see exactly what you are getting, and there is no risk to you. You might even be able to try one out first to make sure you are happy.  

Hope to hear from you soon,

Bob Walton

www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_0VECwOzWc

funnyfrontend
Gromit View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gromit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 8:39am
A couple of ideas Bob.

1)  Try Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter as unlike KS you can set a flexible rather than fixed goal.

2)  Build some SideBikes then rent them out to parents.  Parents pay you a returnable deposit then a monthly rental payment.

I don't have any kids of SideBike suitable age BTW. Wink
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2018 at 11:51am
London Recumbents working out of Dulwich Park hire out loads of bikes all the time to lots of families. That could be the ideal place to try if you could work out a deal with them.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 01 December 2018 at 11:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic