BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Riding > Audaxes and sportives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Bent for Audax

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bent for Audax
    Posted: 26 March 2021 at 6:32pm
So, I’m new to the bent world.

I want to get into it for audax. I want to ride far, fastish and especially in comfort.   I’ve had enough of saddle sore sores, sore arms and aching necks!

I’ve got a secondhand Bachetta Giro 20 and I’m loving it.  So far I’ve only done 120 miles but I’m getting the hang of it.   Obviously haven’t got my bent legs yet.

I’m only getting about 13.5 mph average on my moderately hilly 20 mile circuit.  My Giro though has 1.35 wide Kodak’s though.   I’d expect that would go up a couple of mph if I put some Durano’s on and a bit more with Pro one’s.

But, ultimately I suspect my Giro isn’t a ‘fast’ bike.  Which is fine, I only got it for learning.

My D1 experience tells me that really I’d be better with 700c front and back high racer and that is what I’m planning next.  I’d like to run 32mm tyres and have mudguards.   Any suggestions?

Also, I do like the look of some of the lighter mig racers, perhaps 700c rear and 20inch front.  How much rolling speed am I likely to lose?

I’m planning to ride the Giro 1000 miles to my legs and balance first.  That said, if I want a new one it seems it’ll take a few weeks to get one anyway!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic