BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Battle Mountain 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2020 at 2:11pm
Legs_larry this is very sad, and even worse, we are not going to get this years Battle Mountain report online and in the mag. However I have a cunning plan.
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2021 at 9:37pm
To add insult to injury I have just learned that the 2021 edition has also been called off.  Bad Swears have been uttered.
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 6:01am
Maybe if you're saving the money when you do get out there (fingers crossed next year) you will be able to rent a real American fast car like the SSC Tuatara or Hennessay Venom, or go down market with a Ford GT

legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 11:07am
There is the small problem of The Luggage, which is of a size suitable for transporting medium-sized murder victims. And that anything much more upmarket than a Mustang GT tends to be 50 miles a day before the hire company starts charging – through the nose – per mile. Even if I just went straight there and back from Las Vegas or San Francisco it's about 900 miles; a three or four week road trip is going to be at least five times that.

I'll put out the begging bowl…
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 7:16am
Valid points made there Big smile, I can see how the costs might start ramping up!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic