BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > Other non-BHPC events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Battle Mountain 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2016 at 3:52am
Ken stacked it on his final run; he's OK but they couldn't fix the bike in time for Yas to have a run.  She's gutted as she reckoned she was in with a real chance of taking Barbara's world record chiz.

We think Todd broke the record again - more details in a couple of hours when I get back from the awards bash (though someone will have posted it on Facething first).
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2016 at 7:33am
We were right: 89.59 mph!  Also a new multi-track record for Gareth Hanks with 73.95 mph.  The Automatic Diary won't see much in the way of updates until this time tomorrow because slow internets and knackerdom.  Night all.
====================

atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2016 at 9:03am
This must be so frustrating for both riders. I really feel for them.

But at the same time really well done to them - they made new UK records this year. They should bring the bike along to Quibell Park and have a go at the hour record to make up.

Are there any video links to Arion2 running down the track? It would give a good idea of the bike at speed.

A big thanks to legs larry for the updates.

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 18 September 2016 at 9:08am
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2016 at 4:27am
I haven't even looked for any video links to, well, anything as the pipe connecting the Super 8 to the rest of the Intertubes is about three hundred miles long and thinner than than a coked-up supermodel.  When I tried to watch one of the Italians' vids it played the first two seconds and then broke.  I have proper internets now, being four hundred miles away from the offending wossname, but much still to do and no time in which to do anything very much except snore the place down.  Note to the honest citizens of Idaho Falls: that's just me, not an air raid.

Must find out what camera-toting nuisance Bas de Meijer uses to get his pictures out of the place before the heat death of the universe.
====================

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic