BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Any Other Business
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone live in Nottingham and knows their cars?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Anyone live in Nottingham and knows their cars?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone live in Nottingham and knows their cars?
    Posted: 19 December 2017 at 12:40pm
I've been on the hunt for a van to transport my machines to races as well as serve as a family camper (it's the only way I could sell it in!) etc for a little while.

Long story short I've seen a great second hand VW that fits my spec and at a good price too  - problem is I live in Poole.

If anyone would be interested in nipping out to take a look and give me their opinion I can buy it and then worry about getting the damn thing! I'd owe you some drink money of course :)

Cheers,

Marc

Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 5:54pm
i live about 18 miles from the centre of Snotty.

Where is the van?

PS I'm not being rude calling it Snotty.

rule of a Saxon chieftain named Snot,[15] whereby it was dubbed "Snotingaham" literally, "the homestead of Snot's people" (Inga = the people of; Ham = homestead). Snot brought together his people in an area where the historic Lace Market in the City can now be found.

The first documentary record of Nottingham is as Snotengaham in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle entry for 868.[16] Names of this form normally represent settlements established in the 6th or 7th century and associated with tribal groupings,[16] indicating that Nottingham was probably formed as the primary settlement of the Snotingas,

Edited by Yanto - 19 December 2017 at 6:04pm
Ian, retired.
lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 9:19pm
Thanks yanto 😊

It’s it bulwel- ng6

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-transporter-t4-1-9-td-lwb-2000-reg/401440703447?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Only if it’s no bother though - basically the 1.9 engine is meant to be much simpler, but finding it in a long wheel base that doesn’t have 200k miles on it seems to be like a grail quest... my other options are indeed closer but in the 2.5 version, something I feel might land me in hot water if/when they start raising diesel taxes, which I’m sure they will....
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2017 at 11:32pm
If the 2.5 is the engine I think it is, they are incredibly durable. There's one on the Volvo high mileage register with around a million miles on the clock. Yes looked up the options and the 2.5 is the one. Very frugal consumption as well.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 19 December 2017 at 11:39pm
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 7:10am
Marc, shame you weren't looking 4 months ago. my eldest lad sold his not sure if it was t4 or t5, complete with rock n roll bed for less money than that!

You have a PM by the way.

Ian
Ian, retired.
lohezm View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lohezm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2017 at 7:37am
Shame indeed! I’m after an unconverted one though - not fussed on the beds and all that jazz.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic