BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archive (pre-February 2015) > Public Archive > The BHPC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

Forum LockedAerobike Sprint & Tour for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bicyclebob30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aerobike Sprint & Tour for sale
    Posted: 03 April 2013 at 3:12am
My Dad, Dennis Turner, has an Aerobike 'Sprint' and an Aerobike 'Tour' that he can no longer ride due to ill health.  I built the two bikes for him in about 1994 and older BHPC members will recall him riding them at various meets up to the early 2000s.

For anyone who doesn't know about the bikes, the Sprint is a short wheelbase bike with a 17" front and 20" rear suited for riders 5'-7" to 6'-0".  It has Sachs 14 speed gears with a monster 64 / 52 tooth chainset.  This picture is when it was just completed
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z221/bicyclebob30/Bicycles%20and%20Other%20Projects/scan0014.jpg

The Tour is a long wheelbase bike with direct steering and a front fairing.  It has Sachs gearing and Sturmey Archer drum brakes front & rear.   This is it in action with my dad at the helm:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z221/bicyclebob30/Bicycles%20and%20Other%20Projects/scan0062.jpg

The Sprint is in good condition and just needs dusting down & adjusting.  The Tour is complete but dismantled.  As I live in Canada, it's not practical for me to ship them here, so both bikes are for sale.  I'm looking for about £500 for the Sprint and £200 for the Tour.  Delivery can be arranged if required.

I will upload photos of the bikes in their current condition as soon as I can.  Please send me a PM if you are interested.
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2013 at 8:37am
Very sorry to hear about your dad's ill heath Robert - please send him Fiona's and my love.

In terms of finding a buyer for the bikes, you could try Ben Cooper at Kinetics - I've just found a link where he expressed an interest in obtaining one, some years ago.

All the best

Geoff

Edited by GeoffBird - 03 April 2013 at 8:40am
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Andhar View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2013 at 9:30pm
Pass my regards on too. I still have my Aerobike sprint which I refurbished and raced at the worlds last year. They are great little bikes.
Andrew Harrington
bicyclebob30 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bicyclebob30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 12:51pm
The Aerobike Sprint as it was last week.  Pretty much ready to go:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z221/bicyclebob30/DSCF2497_zpsb7e09325.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z221/bicyclebob30/DSCF2499_zpsfc5712e9.jpg
sam knight View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2013 at 9:05pm
PM Sent. Cheers.

To be happy and not get killed.
bicyclebob30 View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bicyclebob30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2013 at 5:14pm
Hi All

The Tour has now been sold.  Thanks to everyone who looked / responded.

Robert
lazerpie View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazerpie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 7:33pm
hi Robert,

could i please check if the sprint is still available?

please email me: live92@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks
Nick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic