BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

26" Challenge Furai - NOW SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Challenge Gus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 26" Challenge Furai - NOW SOLD
    Posted: 30 June 2013 at 4:12pm
I'm off to test ride 700C Optima High Baron next week. If I get on well with the bike I'll be putting in the order. I can't afford the new bike outright so I will very sadly have to sell my much beloved Furai to fund the new purchase. The purpose of this advert is to test the water among the BHPC community. If the test ride doesn't go well the bike wont be available for sale.

Details are below along with Flickr pictures link. Its a very high spec bike in excellent condition which comes with some additional extras. Most sensible offer closest to £1500 will be accepted. Please PM me with any questions.

Bike is not in "as-new" condition, however, it has been well maintained and upgraded. I'm sure you will agree from the pictures it is an excellent example. Although Challenge didn't produce an SL version of the Furai this bike has all the light weight options. The general spec of the bike is as below:

26" Frame, Colour Key Lime, (Set up for x-seam 42" with an additional 2 to 3 inches of additional boom extension available, exact additional adjustment can be determined if required)
CNC Folding Tiller
Ventist Comfit Seat Pad
SL Medium Aluminium Seat Inc Headrest
Carbon Boom
SRAM Air Shock
SRAM X9 Shifters and Derailleurs 27 Spd
Mavic Crossride Wheels with Schwalbe Durano Tyres
Avid Elixir CR Carbon Brakes
SRAM PC991 Hollowpin Chain
FSA Gossamer Mega EXO Triple Front Crank 53/39/30 Inc. Race Guard
SRAM PG 990 Cassette

Included in the sale are:
Radical Aero Bag (some scuffing on rear)
Aluminium Day Rack Which Fits to Seat (no picture on Flickr)
Two Aero Wheels built with Hope Hubs and Mavic 700 Series Rims, Aero Covering is Ceconite Aircraft Wing Fabric, Wheels include Brake Discs & SRAM Cassette (no skewers)
The Light Weight Fixed Tiller (which has a small crack and could possibly be repaired)

Not included in sale:

Cycle computer and fittings
Ft Light Fitting
Pedals (set of low spec SPD's available if required)
The oversized Schwalbe tyre currently fitted to the rear wheel
Tyre Valve Caps (Green Bullets)

Edited by AlanGoodman - 15 July 2013 at 10:32pm
Should I buy some more trick bits for the Furai or just buy Optima High Baron.......
Challenge Gus View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Challenge Gus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 6:34pm
Now sold.
Should I buy some more trick bits for the Furai or just buy Optima High Baron.......
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2013 at 9:04am
Hi Gus
will we be seeing you some time soon , after such a successfull racing debut it would be nice to see you back.
take care.
Jeff.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic