BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2021 Rounds 8&9: Darley Moor, Sun-Mon 29-30th Aug
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2021 Rounds 8&9: Darley Moor, Sun-Mon 29-30th Aug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2021 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Dan Bergonzi Dan Bergonzi wrote:

Thank you for taking the trouble Gents
I will be sure to fit shorter cranks for Gravesend

LOL

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 10:31am
The points tables for the Darley Moor races on Sunday and Monday are now available, together with the current Championship Table.
david.lhostis View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.lhostis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2021 at 9:54pm
Are there races that are double counted in the championship table? For example, it looks like I have got 10002 points out of 9000 available in the partly faired classification, which is unexpected.
http://ccgi.lhostis.plus.com/sport.php Optima baron XLow + M5 Sandwich fairing
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 12:02am
Looks like Andrew's updated it and forgotten to set a points structure for the Darley events, so each round is getting a full 1000 points (which is what SeriesMgr will default to if you change the input file for whatever reason).  No doubt he'll fix it when he sees this post.

Edited by Kim - 06 September 2021 at 12:16am
LWaB View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LWaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 7:21am
I think there are some other Darley anomalies. Andy Forey finished ahead of me in every Darley race. I get points in all relevant race categories but Andy doesn’t get points in some relevant categories, which confuses me.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 9:24am
Originally posted by david.lhostis david.lhostis wrote:

Are there races that are double counted in the championship table? For example, it looks like I have got 10002 points out of 9000 available in the partly faired classification, which is unexpected.
Kim's right - I forgot to apply the scaling factor to each race before publishing the Championship tables. However I need to check with the race organiser what the relative weights of each race should be before I republish the tables.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 9:40am
Originally posted by LWaB LWaB wrote:

I get points in all relevant race categories but Andy doesn’t get points in some relevant categories, which confuses me.
The categories someone competes in are determined by the online registration form not by the organisers (unless there are some obvious anomalies like someone claiming to be Unfaired and turning up with a velomobile). Andy Forey didn't claim any categories in his registration so only got points in Open class.

In the days of turn-up-and-signon we were able to clarify questions about classes at registration. Now we have to rely on the information given in the online form.

Edited by Andrew S - 06 September 2021 at 9:43am
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

In the days of turn-up-and-signon we were able to clarify questions about classes at registration. Now we have to rely on the information given in the online form.

I think John Greed probably no longer qualifies for unfaired multitrack in the Aquilla... Wink

The other strange thing is that the system doesn't seem to be able to handle a tie - In the one lap TT Ian and Liam have exactly the same time and average speed but it's split them into second and third...

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

The other strange thing is that the system doesn't seem to be able to handle a tie - In the one lap TT Ian and Liam have exactly the same time and average speed but it's split them into second and third...
If you click 'Show 100s of seconds' (which should, of course, be '100ths of seconds') you'll see that Ian's time is 2:58.28 and Liam's is 2:58.32, hence why Ian is 2nd and Liam 3rd. Of course it's not possible to photo-finish a time trial so e-timings are somewhat subject to tag placement, but that's what the antennas saw.
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2021 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

CrossMgr doesn't really understand ties, and will tend to allocate a finish order based on the precision it has (which is greater than that displayed in the results, and usually nonsense - the RFID system isn't much good below about half a second - CrossMgr supports a camera at the finish line to determine precise finish order, but I suspect our creaky old laptop isn't up to the amount of data that would produce), but if the times are actually identical (eg. manual entry, or copied from another rider) they seem to get an order based whichever entry was made in the database first or something.

SeriesMgr, on the other hand, copes with ties just fine; if two riders have the same finishing position in the input data, they get the same number of points.

My race-combining tool (which includes all the processing needed to give DNF riders a finishing position - another thing CrossMgr doesn't support) has to re-calculate the finish order, and should give riders with the same finish time the same place, but I can't vouch for it not having as-yet-undiscovered bugs.  However, we wouldn't normally need to run time trial results through this.

Edited by Kim - 06 September 2021 at 12:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic