BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2021 Rounds 10&11: Gravesend, Sat-Sun 25-26 Sept
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2021 Rounds 10&11: Gravesend, Sat-Sun 25-26 Sept

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2021 at 10:25am
Originally posted by russellbridge russellbridge wrote:

Slash at 55° from horizontal
Andrew at 53.6° from horizontal
Excellent pictures, Russ! Of course we really need to see the centre-of-mass vectors to decide... Wink.

How about a King of the Corners competition instead of the usual hillclimb when we next host the Worlds? Two-wheelers to be scored by lean angle, multitracks by wheel lift. Judged by Alan positioned on the run-off point with a theodolite.

Edited by Andrew S - 28 September 2021 at 11:16am
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by flyinerin flyinerin wrote:

http://www.dropbox.com/sh/2dfnuhjqti6bxom/AAAdiPkr2FYfjQ_CE5b0VcCma?dl=0

If anyone wants a higher resolution image, drop me a line and I will email it over.
Some great photos there, Aeryn! I think we have to stand back and give this one to Jochen though:

ClapClapClap

Edited by Andrew S - 28 September 2021 at 11:12am
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2021 at 1:01pm
Yeah OK Jochen wins with 51.5°

I think only Liam may have been pushing the limits of tyre adhesion further, but he'd already visited the shrubbery by the time I started filming...

Edited by russellbridge - 28 September 2021 at 1:01pm
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2021 at 1:32pm
It may be an artefact of the video but Jochen's front wheel looks scarily distorted!

Edited by Andrew S - 28 September 2021 at 1:33pm
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by russellbridge russellbridge wrote:

Yeah OK Jochen wins with 51.5°

I think only Liam may have been pushing the limits of tyre adhesion further, but he'd already visited the shrubbery by the time I started filming...
I tried to keep up with David LOL
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

It may be an artefact of the video but Jochen's front wheel looks scarily distorted!
That's interesting. What do you mean by distorted? I can't really see anything.
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2021 at 3:16pm
Pretty sure it's just the shadow from the tyre. It looks OK on the video
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2021 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by farwer farwer wrote:

It looks to me as if the lower part of the wheel is bent to the left (of the bike, not the photo). However since the wheel is rotating this can't be true as it would mean the rim was distorting with every rotation and it would break the spokes in no time.

Edited by Andrew S - 28 September 2021 at 3:25pm
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2021 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

Originally posted by farwer farwer wrote:

It looks to me as if the lower part of the wheel is bent to the left (of the bike, not the photo). However since the wheel is rotating this can't be true as it would mean the rim was distorting with every rotation and it would break the spokes in no time.
Big smile
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2021 at 11:04am
The points tables for Gravesend 1 (Saturday) and Gravesend 2 (Sunday) are now available on the BHPC website together with the latest, post-Gravesend

Also various fixes made to the original timing results, including widdershins bug (thanks Dave!)

Edited by Andrew S - 29 September 2021 at 12:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic