BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2021 Rounds 10&11: Gravesend, Sat-Sun 25-26 Sept
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2021 Rounds 10&11: Gravesend, Sat-Sun 25-26 Sept

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LWaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2021 at 10:53pm
Very quick results, thanks. I notice that the dots whizzing round the longer races are whizzing widdershins.
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2021 at 6:32am
I had to look "widdershins" up, certainly going the wrong way and unlucky for some.

russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2021 at 9:00am
I’ve got 5 litres of unleaded
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2021 at 11:15am
Originally posted by russellbridge russellbridge wrote:

Are you boasting, confessing or complaining?

====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
yostumpy View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yostumpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2021 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by legs_larry legs_larry wrote:

Originally posted by russellbridge russellbridge wrote:

Are you boasting, confessing or complaining?

Or selling?
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2021 at 7:25pm
Ha! I managed to swindle some unleaded this morning from the closed petrol station (next to the track) for the generator, I was just letting the organisers know!
All the service stations up to about Birmingham were showing ‘no fuel’ on the way back. It appears to be slightly better in the north…

edit: Nope, Ms B has just gone over to Preston to pick the loony dog up from the equally loony parents and there's no petrol in the North either...

Edited by russellbridge - 26 September 2021 at 10:04pm
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2021 at 8:47pm
The results of today's (Sunday's) races at Gravesend are now posted on the BHPC website:
I'd like to say a big thanks to the two generous generator donors, Colin Rose and Dave Griffiths, without whose help we would have been back in the dark ages of tally sheets and egg-timers. Also to all those, including Russell, who turned up with various containers of contraband fuel. I suspect BHPC are entirely responsible for the 'shortage' in the south-east.
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2021 at 9:29pm
Don't forget to pay the Dartford tolls for anyone that headed back via that route
Russ
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2021 at 9:43pm
My unscientific survey of the petril stations of Middle Earth (while on two-hour release from nursing duties) showed 4/5 had closed the pumps, and the remaining one had a massive queueueue of idling motorists.

Glad the weekend has gone well in my absence.  I suppose the next winter lockdown project is a human-powered timing system...
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2021 at 10:46pm
Video of Sunday's slow and fast race: https://youtu.be/5mfM6MW3H4U
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic