BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2021 Round 7: Shrewsbury, Sunday 1st August

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 10:19am
The discussion on FB is about 1 or 2 races. Not very many signed on, so one long race should be OK, but there is a new junior rider. Solo rides take a while and people won't want to stay late.
jdub... Got the T-shirt
http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/Protobikes/library
http://protobikes.org.uk/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150386999@N02/

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 5:32pm
Sign-on for Shrewsbury and Stourport will be extended in the shop until 10:00pm on Thursday (July 28th) instead of the usual 12:00 noon cutoff because of the various uncertainties.
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 8:24pm
Have spoken to Shrewsbury Sports Village today. The finishing touches to the cycle track are now complete and are awaiting awaiting a final safety inspection tomorrow to get it officially signed off as good for use.

They will contact me tommorrow to confirm when this has been done.

As soon as I hear, I will post on Facebook 'n' Forum to let everybody know for definite whether Sunday 1st Aug will be at Shrewsbury.
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2021 at 11:57am
Meanwhile, it seems likely that the race timing system isn't going to be available, so I suggest anyone that can brings a notebook and pen to count laps with, and stopwatches if you've got them.

If someone (or multiple someones) can bring about 50m of mains extension lead(s), we can at least use the LED race clock (which I currently have) as a simple time display.  I've got a 25m reel, but we need about 75m to reach the finish line at Stourport.

Also, something we can use for flags and bells.  I believe red petticoats are traditional :)

If any videographers feel like paying extra attention to covering the race finishes in their entirety, that would be helpful for resolving quibbles.  Racers, keep your GPS recordings!
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2021 at 4:04pm
GOOD NEWS !!

We'll definitely be racing at shrewsbury on Sun 1st Aug, (as originally advertised). The track has just this afternoon been signed off and approved for use.

Don't forget (for anyone who has been holding off booking, race registration for Shrewsbury (sun) as well as Stourport (on sat) is open until 10pm this eve.

Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2021 at 9:36pm
And I've uploaded the times to the usual place:

I've manually entered the flying lap times into CrossMgr as if it were a time trial, as that gives the most sensible output.  (Pay no attention to the way it thinks everyone started simultaneously at 20:57 this evening.)

Pretty solid results from the timing system for the 90 minute race.  I merely had to set a couple of DNFs and remove some phantom laps recorded during a comfort break.

So I'm not expecting much in the way of quibbles.  Anyone got any class changes or anything?
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2021 at 10:00pm
Many thanks Kim!
My Strava seems to agree exactly with the manual timing of the flying lap... :) 

LWaB View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LWaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2021 at 11:19pm
I was hoping to be car-free today but not so. Only one in the car-free category today.
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 12:36am
Thank you for your hard work Kim
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
speedy381 View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2021 at 8:03am
The surface does not appear to have suffered too much. I have just checked my Strava entry from July 2017. My average speed from the hour race was 25.4 mph; very close to the 90 minute speed this weekend.
Bream no longer. I'll ride anything, slowly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic