BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2021 Round 5: Scunthorpe, Sunday 20th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 Round 5: Scunthorpe, Sunday 20th June
    Posted: 08 June 2021 at 3:47pm
This is the place for discussion about the BHPC event at Quibell Park Velodrome, Scunthorpe on Sunday 20th June 2021
stormbird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 10:35am
Hi there

Are spectators allowed at this event ?

regards Paul
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 12:48pm
Do we need to pre-register for York and Scunthorpe?
Thanks
Russ
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 4:41pm
Yes you do need to pre-register. Registration closes at noon on Thursday 17 June.

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 5:39am
Originally posted by stormbird stormbird wrote:

Hi there

Are spectators allowed at this event ?

regards Paul

I see people spectating at cricket, football and tennis. As long as you promise not to hug the winners (or losers) then I'm sure sneaking in to "help a rider" is allowed. 
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2021 at 9:24am
Scunthorpe is a bit of a special case because spectators can easily be separated off in the stand. I haven't seen Chris's risk assessment document yet, which will contain any rules set for us by the venue, but I would have thought that spectators at Quibell would be OK.

The same wouldn't necessarily apply at York, although keeping spectators (if they are allowed) behind the fence surrounding the track would be a good idea in general.
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 2:41pm
Scunthorpe race timings

We are able to use the track between 10am and 3pm. If you have pre-booked you can register that you are there from 10.00. Details of race formats will be in an email sent in the next couple of days to those booked  Racing will probably include a fastest lap (of 3) and a longer race, 40 minutes split into faster and slower riders. As ever, we reserve the right to change this on the day to suit the circumstances, weather etc.

If you want to race but haven't yet booked you can do so until 12 noon on Thursday 17th June via the BHPC shop.
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2021 at 3:16pm
All sounds good. I can't do York this weekend but I've just paid for Scunthorpe for Sunday. I also found my Preston entry in the shopping cart - I think I must have got all the way through but just not clicked on 'Confirm' as the last action.
Russ

Edited by russellbridge - 16 June 2021 at 3:16pm
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2021 at 9:20pm

Here are the race timings and formats for Scunthorpe on Sun 20th Jun. Those who have registered to race check you emails tomorrow as you will have been sent a pdf with additional venue and covid-related info.

Race formats and times                                                                

Sunday

Time

NOTES

Registration opens

10:00

Registration at access point to the track.

Track open for warm-up

10:00 – 11:00

Anti-clockwise

1 lap time trial

11:00 -12:00

Anti-clockwise.

40 min + 1 lap SLOW

13:00 – 13:40

Anti-clockwise.

40 min + 1 lap FAST

14:00 – 14:40

Anti-clockwise.

Riders depart

15:00

Track closes and all vacate the track by this time

NOTE: the above race times and formats and timings may be subject to change on the day depending on numbers attending and the weather.

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2021 at 8:34pm
Some of the results from today's races at Scunthorpe are now available on the BHPC website:
The fastest-lap / time-trial results look slightly odd because they use the start timings as originally set for the timing system. In the event the timing system wasn't used (but don't tell him that..) and the start timings were quite different. The lap times, however, are correct (so I am assured by the keepers of the little ticky watches).

Edited by Andrew S - 20 June 2021 at 9:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic