BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2020 Round 5: Stourport, Saturday 24th October

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 10:49am
You will also need to display racing numbers, A5 size, one at the front and one visible from each side.

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by tincanracer tincanracer wrote:

You will also need to display racing numbers, A5 size, one at the front and one visible from each side.

That's slightly less critical than the safety stuff, but it's a good idea if you want your times to be recorded reliably.

Anyway, have we decided on a race format for Stourport yet?  I won't be setting up the timing software until the end of next week, but people might like to know what they're letting themselves in for...
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 10:19pm
Last time there we did 30 minutes in each direction which worked well... 
Track is fine both ways round.

Drive2xL View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drive2xL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 8:00pm
It'll be my 1st HPV race at stourport. I believe I need to display A5 size race numbers on side and front. Do I provide them, if so how will I know what my number is? Thanks
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Drive2xL Drive2xL wrote:

It'll be my 1st HPV race at stourport. I believe I need to display A5 size race numbers on side and front. Do I provide them, if so how will I know what my number is? Thanks

Hi Chris,
Kim will be able to issue you with a number that you can display on the bike however works best for you. You will also need a chainguard if you don't have a fairing on the front of the machine.

See you there!!!

Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Drive2xL Drive2xL wrote:

Don't worry - I'll be emailing new riders with their race number when I process the sign-on data and sort out new timing tags after registration closes next Thursday.  (It's one of those jobs that's much quicker if you do it all in one go, rather than in dribs and drabs).
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2020 at 2:06pm
RACE FORMATS for Stourport are:

SLOW 30 mins + 1 lap Clockwise 
FAST 30 mins + 1 lap Clockwise 

then

SLOW 30 mins + 1 lap Anti-lockwise 
FAST 30 mins + 1 lap Anti-clockwise 

tincanracer View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 6:52pm
Does anyone know what will be open at Stourport in terms of changing rooms, showers and cafe etc?
Laid Back in Spirit
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 7:43pm
Stourport said this a couple of weeks ago:

Quote Anyone entering the Club House will have to complete our track and trace register and we would recommend that your participants scan our QR code upon arriva tool. Several QRs  can be found around the entrances to the Sports facilities and indoors. We are operating a one way system to the toilets and changing facilities are available at the weekend, although the rooms are limited to 4 people at a time and showering facilities are unavailable. Should you require refreshments, we are operating a table service and the rule of 6 applies. Hand sanitisers can also be found at the entrances to the sports facilities and indoors.

Edited by Kim - 19 October 2020 at 7:44pm
Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 8:13pm
We currently have 31 people signed-on for Stourport.

Here's your friendly reminder that if you think you've registered but haven't received a confirmation email from the shop (and, where relevant, a Paypal transaction for the race fee), you might not actually have registered.  Please check - people have been caught out previously by thinking they've completed a transaction when they haven't (and because the transaction doesn't complete, there's no evidence of who they might be until they turn up on the day looking confused).

(An unrelated problem of sign-on details failing to make it from the shop to me has hopefully now been fixed, but I'll be double-checking my list against the shop's to be sure.)

New riders who don't yet have a race number should expect an email from me at some point on Thursday after registrations close telling them what it's going to be.

Edited by Kim - 20 October 2020 at 8:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic