BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2019 Round 5: York, Sunday 23rd June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 8:38pm
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the racing at York today. All the people who tallied laps, rang the bell, waved the flag, timed the finish or took part in a good day of varied racing formats. Particular thanks to Ian Squires who called out upwards of 750 numbers for the hour race so that we had a tally, and to Adrian Setter for single-handedly providing all the timing info we needed.

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 8:43pm
Thumbs Up

Kim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2019 at 10:27pm
But does the Jack Russel get thanked for its contribution...?

Good fun day to round off the rally. I think I've done a bit of everything on the Baron this weekend, from fully-loaded touring, getting multi-modal in one of CrossCountry's recumbent-unfriendly dandly bike spaces, comedy off-roading, and riding fast in circles. The only thing missing was any kind of hill.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 9:58am
Originally posted by kim kim wrote:

But does the Jack Russel get thanked for its contribution...?
And the Big Rabbit which crossed my path a couple of times. At least it was smarter than the runty little dog and got off the track when it saw there was a race on.
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 10:32am
... and some riders also reported a weasel on the track. Bizarrely they reported that the weasel was being chased by the rabbit!
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 11:13am
Originally posted by kim kim wrote:

.... I think I've done a bit of everything on the Baron this weekend......The only thing missing was any kind of hill.

You should have gone for a standing hill climb on one of the velodrome corners...
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 12:36pm
Here are the photo's from the racing copy any you want.
cheer.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 9:16pm
Thanks to all for a great days racing, and for the photos Jeff.
I went far better than ever before in the first race, then not much left for the bumpy 30min velodrome and 1 lap all-out races, however proof if proof be needed that training does actually work, and hours spent staring at the wall/ceiling/floor/anything on the turbo in preparation for Battle Mountain aren't entirely wasted Big smile
Russ

LeeW View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2019 at 9:41pm
Is any assistance required trying to compile the results? Thanks, lee.
Current fleet: Milan SL MK2 #027, Fujin SL II, Beany!

antonin_d View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antonin_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2019 at 10:51am
Thank you all for this fantastic day, it was a blast! Special thanks to Heather as master of the clocks!

The forecast announces some exciting highs of 37°C to 39°C for my next 750km. I am trying to figure out how to set up a continuous perfusion of water directly into my blood stream… Dead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic