BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 9: Darley Moor, Sat 18th August

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2018 at 11:06am
Originally posted by LeeW LeeW wrote:

Think there maybe an error in Mike Burrow's time in the 3 lap though.
Mike DNFed so he gets the same time as the leader however he shouldn't get the same laps as the leader. Does anyone know how many laps Mike completed or do I need to settle down with a big bucket of popcorn and watch the video?
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2018 at 5:25pm
I know and I could tell you tonight!

Heather
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2018 at 8:14pm
The final results for Darley Moor together with the post-Darley Championship Tables are now available on the BHPC website.

MikeB's laps in the 3-map race have been corrected and Sam Relton has been added to Unfaired and Part-faired classes.

Edited by Andrew S - 21 August 2018 at 8:17pm
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2018 at 10:01am
Big thanks to the race organisers, the timing organisers, and all the spectators and racers for a great event.

Some observations:
Attendance was up
Speeds were up

Possible contributors for this:
A WC21018 bounce effect
The involvement of the magnificent ICE team
Back to back racing
Camping on site

ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2018 at 9:51pm
[QUOTE=atlas_shrugged] 

Some observations:
Attendance was up
Speeds were up QUOTE] 

Yes, it was great to see such a good turnout.
We also had a few new folks racing for the first time, which was equally encouraging.

This year I've been experimenting with ways to make races more appealing/accessible in order to improve turnout (e.g. back-to-back Sat & Sun races and aligning race days with other events such as the York Rally to make them more worthwhile to those who have to travel from afar).

I'm currently putting the race calendar together for 2019 and am aiming for at least two thirds of the races to be Sat/Sun weekend events (either at the same location or two locations in the same vicinity).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic