BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2018 Round 8: York Sport Village, Sunday 24th June
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 8: York Sport Village, Sunday 24th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 9:46pm
The individual lap times from the timing system are now on the website here:
Roy - go to York_r3_2nd_slower and click on your race number if you want to compare your lap times with your Garmin
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Gazonatrike Gazonatrike wrote:

I believe I was third in the slow race not second as shown, I was overtaken by a recumbent on the last corner our close proximity during the race may have blocked the signal
Gaz - having checked the video, the trike that crossed the line about 1 second ahead of you was Dave Overton (no 30), who we don't have any tag data for. If he was on the same lap as you then yes, you were 3rd not 4th.

Unless someone comes up with some info about Dave then I'll scan through the video and count his laps
Gazonatrike View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazonatrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 3:25pm
Hi Andy, I believe Dave was on the same lap as he was 'oop me exhaust' most of the race only taking over on the last corner. 
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 6:51pm
After my visit from the puncture pixies during the velodrome race, thanks Russel for lending me your No-Com (and your size-10 cycle shoes with the insoles removed) so I could still have a crack at the flying lap sprint.

Lucky that my own cleats didn't match your pedals as I reckon your cycle shoes being one size smaller than I'm used to reduced my frontal cross-sectional area enough to help shave a few femtoseconds off the time I would otherwise have gotten....Smile
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Gazonatrike Gazonatrike wrote:

I believe Dave was on the same lap as he was 'oop me exhaust' most of the race only taking over on the last corner. 
Excellent - that's good enough for me.

The final results for York together with the post-York Championship Tables are now available on the BHPC website
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2018 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

The individual lap times from the timing system are now on the website here:
Roy - go to York_r3_2nd_slower and click on your race number if you want to compare your lap times with your Garmin

Thanks Andrew. I'm sounding a bit obsessive about my speed because I use it as a marker for my training on the Kingcycle and when I will change to my lowracers, which both need some fine tuning to be ready to ride.

Thanks again.

Roy  
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by ChrisH ChrisH wrote:

Thanks everyone for a great days racing at York Yesterday. To Ian Squires and Jeff James for organisery, and Andrew & Heather for al the additional support with timing systems and trackside logistics. Any thoughts on the pros/cons of the 50/50 split between the race track in the morn and adjacent velodrome in the afternoon (as well as scheduling it on the same weekend as the York Cycle Rally). I'm interested to hear any feedback (either post here or PM me).

PM sent.

Roy
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 9:31pm
I would have been there if I hadn't been on holiday but only for the velodrome racing, combining with York Cycle Rally is good!

Edited by Yanto - 30 June 2018 at 9:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic