BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 4: Betteshanger, Saturday 12th May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 10:22pm
This is what I got back:

Thank you for your email

Upon entering the site you entered into a contract to pay for the parking that was due at the time or up to 48 hours following your departure (online) or pay a parking charge notice (reduced if paid within 14 days).

The signage on site clearly states that charges are in place 24 hours a day on all days.

Since you failed to pay for the parking that was due at the time or up to 48 hours following your departure and you was over the advertised grace period the parking charge notice has been issued correctly.

You can pay your parking charge notice online at www.parkwithease.co.uk or by sending a cheque or postal order to Park With Ease, Unit F, The Court, Kestrel Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1SF.

The Independent Appeals Service (www.theIAS.org) provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. As you have complied with our internal appeals procedure you may use, and we will engage with, the IAS Standard Appeals Service providing you lodge an appeal to them within 21 days of this rejection.

If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). In order to appeal the IAS will need your parking charge number, your vehicle registration and the date the charge was originally issued.

Please note, the 14 day reduced period is not held whilst an appeal is in place.

So this means that mine has NOT been cancelled. Nice to see some consistancy!

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 10:45pm
Really not keen on the tone of that message from them at all - For a start I'd ask how the hell are charges in force 24 hours a day when the site is only open 8am to 8pm?

I think Jonathan emailed them copied to Kieron (the chap at Betteshanger) so maybe he had a word with them?

Edited by AlanGoodman - 06 June 2018 at 10:46pm

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Neil F Neil F wrote:

This is what I got back:

Thank you for your email

Upon entering the site you entered into a contract to pay for the parking that was due at the time or up to 48 hours following your departure (online) or pay a parking charge notice (reduced if paid within 14 days).

The signage on site clearly states that charges are in place 24 hours a day on all days.

Since you failed to pay for the parking that was due at the time or up to 48 hours following your departure and you was over the advertised grace period the parking charge notice has been issued correctly.

You can pay your parking charge notice online at www.parkwithease.co.uk or by sending a cheque or postal order to Park With Ease, Unit F, The Court, Kestrel Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1SF.

The Independent Appeals Service (www.theIAS.org) provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. As you have complied with our internal appeals procedure you may use, and we will engage with, the IAS Standard Appeals Service providing you lodge an appeal to them within 21 days of this rejection.

If you believe this decision is incorrect, you are entitled to appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). In order to appeal the IAS will need your parking charge number, your vehicle registration and the date the charge was originally issued.

Please note, the 14 day reduced period is not held whilst an appeal is in place.

So this means that mine has NOT been cancelled. Nice to see some consistancy!

Point out to them that the signs are in the car park and you did not go into the car park as the club had an arrangement to park trackside. (I'm guessing that's why you did not see them)

Also their letter is incorrect about a contract, in that parking is free when you first enter the car park it's only after 20 min that you are required to pay. But I'd stick with the signage as they are required by law to post the information clearly and if you go straight to the track you don't see any signs so they are in breach of the law in issuing a fine. 

Good luck.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 06 June 2018 at 10:58pm
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 6:22am
Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

Originally posted by Yanto Yanto wrote:

Originally posted by HeatherF HeatherF wrote:

The ANPR system is indeed at the front gate and hence anyone entering the site is subject to the parking fee. They do not usually allow cars up to the track but you are still on site and therefore have to pay the £3 per day.

Heather (treasurer)

Heather this is why I'm banging my drum about parking in that is £3/day correct?  The website says 
Charges apply all day, every day. and Your admission fee is valid for one visit only. 
So I read that as charges apply no matter what time of day you arrive or leave and are applicable every day of the year, but only for one visit, no matter the length.

So, If we arrive on Friday and leave Monday we should only be charged £3 as that is one visit, nowhere is it explicit about the maximum length of stay.

Their web site is ambiguous in our case and for a multi-day stay.

But it also says the park closes at 8:00 pm so that is the end of the park day and you are not expected to stay when the park is closed so that would be the end of your parking time.

Obviously camping over the weekend is a special situation that requires negotiation and clarification.

I would work on the basis of £3 a day myself, if there is no other information, on the basis that a £3 a day fee is still reasonable and better than a £50 a day fine.

Roy

I agree Roy, as I stated earlier it shows that their "rules" for parking are ambiguous in our circumstances (multi-day stay) probably because they never foresaw such a situation?

I'm not sure how you could actually pay £3/day anyway if the ANPR never saw you leaving/returning multiple times, you could pay it the first day although it wouldn't see you leave, but the 2nd and 3rd day it wouldn't see you arrive, bit of a b****rs muddle me thinks, and quite interesting in it's own way.

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 3:07pm

Originally posted by RoyMacdonald RoyMacdonald wrote:

Originally posted by HeatherF HeatherF wrote:

The ANPR system is indeed at the front gate and hence anyone entering the site is subject to the parking fee. They do not usually allow cars up to the track but you are still on site and therefore have to pay the £3 per day.

Heather (treasurer)

Heather this is why I'm banging my drum about parking in that is £3/day correct?  The website says 
Charges apply all day, every day. and Your admission fee is valid for one visit only. 
So I read that as charges apply no matter what time of day you arrive or leave and are applicable every day of the year, but only for one visit, no matter the length.

So, If we arrive on Friday and leave Monday we should only be charged £3 as that is one visit, nowhere is it explicit about the maximum length of stay.

Their web site is ambiguous in our case and for a multi-day stay.

But it also says the park closes at 8:00 pm so that is the end of the park day and you are not expected to stay when the park is closed so that would be the end of your parking time.

Obviously camping over the weekend is a special situation that requires negotiation and clarification.

I would work on the basis of £3 a day myself, if there is no other information, on the basis that a £3 a day fee is still reasonable and better than a £50 a day fine.

Roy

I agree Roy, as I stated earlier it shows that their "rules" for parking are ambiguous in our circumstances (multi-day stay) probably because they never foresaw such a situation?

I'm not sure how you could actually pay £3/day anyway if the ANPR never saw you leaving/returning multiple times, you could pay it the first day although it wouldn't see you leave, but the 2nd and 3rd day it wouldn't see you arrive, bit of a b****rs muddle me thinks, and quite interesting in it's own way.

You would find out when you access the parking computer, either in the car park or on-line. If you entered your registration it would tell you if you are on the system or not. Best to check the online parking computer after you've left the site to make sure what the situation is as a double check regardless of the arrangements I think.

Roy 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic