BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 4: Betteshanger, Saturday 12th May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 10:34pm
The ANPR system is indeed at the front gate and hence anyone entering the site is subject to the parking fee. They do not usually allow cars up to the track but you are still on site and therefore have to pay the £3 per day.

Brian's comments are his opinion. Roy's comments are a better summary of how it works. He is correct that the money goes directly to Betteshanger and if you just go there to enjoy the park and its facilities it only costs you £3 which to me seems reasonable.

For WC2018, we are still negotiating with Betteshanger to get a better deal. The system at the moment is that you have to pay £3 each DAY that you are in the park. If you go in and out several times during the day, it will still only costs you £3 and if we manage to agree a deal it might not even cost you that.

I'm sorry that some people were unaware of the system and have had unexpected bills. Most people were aware of the system and paid the £3 at the machines on site or later on-line. We will make sure that everyone coming to WC2018 is aware of the system in place for parking.

Heather (treasurer)
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2018 at 10:45pm
Thanks David.

I'd forgotten that race was an hour and a half until I saw the photos.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 05 June 2018 at 11:35pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 9:09am
When I left site the machine near to the cafe was not working (the touch-screen was playing up). I eventually went over to another machine in the main car park and paid 3 quid there.

I think anyone with a fine is probably (sadly) best advised to pay it as parking companies (as Brian says) are generally unlikely to back down and the cost is likely to go up.

Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by HeatherF HeatherF wrote:

The ANPR system is indeed at the front gate and hence anyone entering the site is subject to the parking fee. They do not usually allow cars up to the track but you are still on site and therefore have to pay the £3 per day.

Heather (treasurer)

Heather this is why I'm banging my drum about parking in that is £3/day correct?  The website says 
Charges apply all day, every day. and Your admission fee is valid for one visit only. 
So I read that as charges apply no matter what time of day you arrive or leave and are applicable every day of the year, but only for one visit, no matter the length.

So, If we arrive on Friday and leave Monday we should only be charged £3 as that is one visit, nowhere is it explicit about the maximum length of stay.

Their web site is ambiguous in our case and for a multi-day stay.
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 7:01pm
Another point is that people who are camping and taking their cars in have already paid to park their vehicles in the site fee, no campsite that I know of charges again for 1 vehicle, more than 1 yes and is understandable.

BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Yanto Yanto wrote:

Originally posted by HeatherF HeatherF wrote:

Heather (treasurer)

Heather this is why I'm banging my drum about parking in that is £3/day correct?  The website says 
Charges apply all day, every day. and Your admission fee is valid for one visit only. 
So I read that as charges apply no matter what time of day you arrive or leave and are applicable every day of the year, but only for one visit, no matter the length.

So, If we arrive on Friday and leave Monday we should only be charged £3 as that is one visit, nowhere is it explicit about the maximum length of stay.

Their web site is ambiguous in our case and for a multi-day stay.

But it also says the park closes at 8:00 pm so that is the end of the park day and you are not expected to stay when the park is closed so that would be the end of your parking time.

Obviously camping over the weekend is a special situation that requires negotiation and clarification.

I would work on the basis of £3 a day myself, if there is no other information, on the basis that a £3 a day fee is still reasonable and better than a £50 a day fine.

Roy
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 8:44pm
We are still negotiating this and we will let you know what we have managed to agree once we have agreed it. There are many possibilities which would mean that campers don't need to pay and you could come in an out many times during a day and we are exploring all of them. Please be patient. We don't have the answers yet but we are hoping to have them soon.

thanks

Heather
Neil F View Drop Down
Visitor (moderated)
Visitor (moderated)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 9:25pm
Heather it is completely news to me that the payment was for being on the site I thought that it was for parking in the car park - that's normally what parking charges are for! Clearly I'm not the only one who was caught out by this. At £50-00 (or even £25) this is by far and away the most expensive race of the year!

I will NOT be attending Bettleshanger again!
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 9:49pm
Jonathan's fine has now been cancelled - Hopefully your one will be too Neil?

BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Neil F Neil F wrote:

Heather it is completely news to me that the payment was for being on the site I thought that it was for parking in the car park - that's normally what parking charges are for! Clearly I'm not the only one who was caught out by this. At £50-00 (or even £25) this is by far and away the most expensive race of the year!

I will NOT be attending Bettleshanger again!

Not quite for payment for being on site, it is free to enter and be on the site on foot or with a bike, it's the car that you have to pay the fee for regardless of how many people are in it. It is clearly signposted though if you read the posted rules on site. 

Always err on the side of caution with parking. No such thing as a free lunch nowadays. Except maybe in the streets of Rye as they don't actually have any traffic wardens so it's the wild west in relation to parking.

Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic