BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 Round 3: LANCASTER, Sunday 22nd April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2018 Round 3: LANCASTER, Sunday 22nd April
    Posted: 10 April 2018 at 10:20pm
This is the place for discussion about the 3rd round of the 2018 BHPC races on the 1 mile Tameside cycle circuit in Ashton-under-Lyne 

Alas it now looks like I'm not going to be able to make it to this one,Cry so we still need volunteers to help organise, and pick race formats. So if any of you can help, please let me know.

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 3:00pm
Does anybody know if the track can be used in both directions? That may well determine the format.

ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 11:24pm
On strava there are segments for the Tameside circuit riding in both directions with top lap speeds in the 29 mph range, suggesting that it works both ways....
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 11:42pm
Thumbs Up
Probably worth trying it both ways round then as it's our first time there.

Sadly it's not looking like we're going to make Preston or Tameside.

russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 8:36am
I live about a mile away, and on the open sessions I’ve only ever ridden anti-clockwise, but I can’t see any reason why it can’t be ridden both ways. There’s a corner at the bottom end which would be similar to the contentious one at Colne, so we’ll have to take a view on this on the day. The hairpin is very tight!

I really wish I didn’t have to say this, but please don’t leave any valuables on display in your car.
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2018 at 10:07pm
Ian Baxter has offered to help as an organiser of the Tameside race (Thanks Ian!!).

Can we please have someone(s) else to give him a hand??
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2018 at 10:01am
This Sunday's BHPC race will no longer be at Tameside 

I have just received the frustrating news that the Tameside track has been double booked and we can no longer hold our BHPC race there this Sunday.

Right now I’m working hard to try and secure an alternative venue in that part of the world.

I will provide an update by the end of today.
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2018 at 6:52pm
Sorry, to avoid confusion, I've just deleted my previous post regarding the availability of the Preston track for us to also use on the Sunday. I've just gotten home from work to receive an answerphone message saying that we can't now have Preston on the Sunday. The person who took my original call didn't realise there were a lot of football fixtures on that day (the cycle track goes round their perimeter of the football pitches) and they can't accommodate at the same time
So currently, we still have Preston on Saturday 21 April and I'm still looking for somewhere to replace Tameside
for the sunday. it will be a case of whichever of the cycle circuits I'm chasing actually get back to me first....
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 6:58pm
This is definitely it.....

On Sunday 22 April round 3 of the 2018 BHPC races will be on the 1500metre cycle circuit at Salt Ayre Leisure Centre in Lancaster, LA1 5JS

here's a map  

For those who haven't been there before it is a traditionally fast and popular race circuit amongst most BHPCers who have raced there before. Its joined onto a sports centre with all the facilities plus there is an ASDA next door 

According to Google Maps it is approx. a 35 min drive north (up the M65) from Preston.
RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2018 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by ChrisH ChrisH wrote:

This is definitely it.....

On Sunday 22 April round 3 of the 2018 BHPC races will be on the 1500metre cycle circuit at Salt Ayre Leisure Centre in Lancaster, LA1 5JS

here's a map  

For those who haven't been there before it is a traditionally fast and popular race circuit amongst most BHPCers who have raced there before. Its joined onto a sports centre with all the facilities plus there is an ASDA next door 

According to Google Maps it is approx. a 35 min drive north (up the M65) from Preston.

Yes agreed. I really enjoyed races there despite the big crash I had there. Have to say Wasps are tough.

If I'd known it was there at the time, I'd have been more assertive about our holiday not interfering with it. I had been arguing for March but I guess given the weather in March I would have been pretty unpopular. No facilities near the track when I last raced of course.

Roy

Edited by RoyMacdonald - 19 April 2018 at 9:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic