BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2018 race details

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 11:41am
Regarding the York race on 23 June...

That's the velodrome, correct? That's an outdoors track correct? Any idea what the transition to the apron is like; abrupt vs curved (as was Derby).

Cheers
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 11:46am
Hi Ken,
I think we have the circuit and the velodrome (they are next to each other).

Here is a video by Ian Perry from when we did a demonstration event on the velodrome there a couple of years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW-NhqEocvk

Edited by AlanGoodman - 09 February 2018 at 11:47am

Ken View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 12:15pm
Ah, cheers. I guess that begs the question, is the race on the circuit or the velodrome?

I'd love to join in with your races but they are so far south that it takes some doing to get around to them, but I'd go to the ends of the earth to ride on a velodrome.

Great video. Mighty short acceleration up to 25 to get on the banking though. I think I'd be taking the full straight.
Transition looks slightly abrupt but possibly not too bad with only 30 deg banking. Should be a piece of cake after Derby. Not planning a repeat of last years flip and slide fun.

On a side note, we have a circuit opening, well, should be this month (Feb) in Fife, so if you want to go international for 2019 or try to slip in a bonus northern race this year, I can get in touch with the folks running it to see if we can find room for you. Final development for a circuit in Linlithgow is in the works as well so you might have two lovely choices for racing up north (probably moss free as well). They're close enough that a weekend session could hit both tracks once Linlithgow is built!
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Ken Ken wrote:

Ah, cheers. I guess that begs the question, is the race on the circuit or the velodrome?

Both I think!

On a side note, we have a circuit opening, well, should be this month (Feb) in Fife, so if you want to go international for 2019 or try to slip in a bonus northern race this year, I can get in touch with the folks running it to see if we can find room for you. Final development for a circuit in Linlithgow is in the works as well so you might have two lovely choices for racing up north (probably moss free as well). They're close enough that a weekend session could hit both tracks once Linlithgow is built!

Sounds interesting!

RoyMacdonald View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyMacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 5:11pm

I'd love to join in with your races but they are so far south that it takes some doing to get around to them, but I'd go to the ends of the earth to ride on a velodrome.

Great video. Mighty short acceleration up to 25 to get on the banking though. I think I'd be taking the full straight.
Transition looks slightly abrupt but possibly not too bad with only 30 deg banking. Should be a piece of cake after Derby. Not planning a repeat of last years flip and slide fun.

We raced at the Edinburgh Meadow bank Velodrome about 1997. Have you tried that? It made me feel a bit sick as it is two D's connected with two straights and not a true oval.

Steve Slade rode his Kingcycle on the handrail down the staircase under the stands and banking to get onto the track.

Roy
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 8:32pm
Hello Ken

On Sun 23 Jun at York we have the race circuit booked 10:30-12:30 and then the velodrome 1-3pm.

THe York Cycle rally in also on that weekend (22-23 Jun), so there's plenty to do in the area on the Saturday for those travelling from afar who want to make a good weekend of it....
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 9:10am
Originally posted by ChrisH ChrisH wrote:

On Sun 23 Jun at York we have the race circuit booked 10:30-12:30 and then the velodrome 1-3pm.
The 23rd of June is a Saturday and that's what I've put in the race calendar on Facebook and the website. Should it be Sunday 24th instead?
ChrisH View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Andrew S Andrew S wrote:

[QUOTE=ChrisH]The 23rd of June is a Saturday and that's what I've put in the race calendar on Facebook and the website. Should it be Sunday 24th instead?

Yes it's definitely on the Sun 24th June
Yanto View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 11:52am
Ah i might be able to make it then, it would be good to get back on the velodrome.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2018 at 1:52pm
Annual race fees for 2018 are now available to buy in the Shop:

The price is unchanged from last year (£55) and covers all 12 races in the 2018 season.

The World Championships aren't included as they don't count for the 2018 Championship.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic