BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2017 Round 8: York, Sunday 23rd July

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by JohnnyAppleby JohnnyAppleby wrote:

Can you question E timing? The reason I ask is that I'm almost certain that Johnny Jnr finished in front of me in the 1st race, race data if I've read it right shows his 1st lap circa 4 minutes this can't be right because he shot off the front briefly & I don't recall ever catching him
No  problem - looks like you're quite right. JJnr should have 27 laps so this will be fixed in the final results when I put them up.

The timing system ignores the first time it sees a tag cross the line, as this is usually the start of the race. However with the antennas being at the side of the track, rather than a ground mat, tags sometimes get missed at the start if they are shielded in the middle of a bunch. The system then ignores the tag at the end of the first lap leading, as you spotted, to a first lap roughly double the length it should be. The race software usually picks this up and 'autocorrects' by inserting a lap. It looks like this check failed in Johnny's case because of his super-fast start, so his 1st and 2nd lap (3:56ish) was considered too fast to be twice a 'normal' lap (around 2x2:07 = 4:15).

I do a quick manual scan afterwards so should have picked this up then but, you know, it was a long day... Sleepy.
JohnnyAppleby View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyAppleby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 10:46am
Thank you Andrew, yes this makes perfect sense, I appreciate your time and effort 👍
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 8:21am
Nice photo's Johnny thanks for sharing.
cheers.
Jeff.  Clap
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 8:58am
That's a cryptic post Jeff - am I missing a link somewhere, or are the photos on Facebook?
Russ
JohnnyAppleby View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyAppleby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 11:00am
Here's my pics, As I'd been sniffing resin fumes for 2 days prior to the race I rode like a donkey (well thats my excuse), I decided to grab some shots on the go, narrowly avoiding capturing the pirouetting Neil Kirk on the last corner.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/puwuJwn6yPINy7gw1Johnnys pictures from York

Edited by JohnnyAppleby - 25 July 2017 at 11:19am
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 1:12pm
Thanks for all the organisating, time lording, photos, and general crack.

Great to see the juniors in such fine form, and good to see a nice selection of trikes on the track.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 2:46pm
The final classified results for York are now available on the website, together with the post-York 2017 Championship tables.

Only two changes from the original results:
  1. Johnny Appleby Jnr got an extra lap in the first race

2. The race stewards decided that the fancy carbon tailfairing used by Neil Kirk in both races wasn't in the spirit of 'Unfaired' class so removed his 'U' rating
neilkirk View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilkirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 5:08pm
Damm i was hoping nobody would notice Wink
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 1:33pm
Similarly James Hamilton has had his Mf and M classes removed following a protest, upheld by forensic analysis of video evidence. Amended results now here:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic