BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2017 Round 5: Bath, Sunday 4th June

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 Round 5: Bath, Sunday 4th June
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 10:28pm
This is the place for discussion about the 5th round of the 2017 BHPC races at the Odd Down Cycle Circuit in Bath.

First and foremost we need volunteers to help organise, and choose race formats. So if any of you can help with this, please let me know 
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:01pm
It starts in 207 hrs and we still don't have any organisers or race formats for Bath....any offers??
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 7:54pm
Erm, possibly due to an error made by the compsec on the original booking that has just come to light, on Sunday we have the track at Bath booked from 12:00 until 5pm rather than 11-5pm (which means everyone gets an extra 3600 seconds lay in bed).

So for whoever is organising, I'd suggest starting sign-on at 11:00 and begin races at 12:30.

On the subject of which, can we have some offers of organisers fo help with this one please?
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 10:25pm
Can someone please offer to help John with race organising at Bath??
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 10:56pm
As John isn't sure what time he'll be there and there have been sod all no other offers of help I'll do sign on and run the fast race and then maybe John can run the slow race so that I can spin the old legs as well.
Race format will be 30 minutes in each direction as long as the track is safe to run both ways.
Points will be equal for both races...

Do we have a first aider for this one??

Number 47
tincanracer View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tincanracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 1:58pm
Hi Alan,

My mate Dennis, who is a qualified first aider, is on holiday so won't be along. My first aid certification ran out two years ago but I will bring a first aid kit along and if I have to patch anyone up its at your own risk.

I am considering doing another course at my own cost as I have found it useful. All I ever did at work was hand out plasters for paper cuts but since I first became a first aider I have helped a neighbour with hypothermia and a diabetic who I found collapsed on a cycle route so probably worth doing.

I can also help with organising on Sunday if needed.

Stuart
Laid Back in Spirit
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 8:01pm
Good man, Alan LOL.
Mrs Timelord and I are staying locally Saturday night so should be there with the sign-on laptop by 10.30am. The pre-race spreadsheet for Bath is also on the Race Organiser's area if you want to get started even earlier.

According to Chris's local contact the track is about 50m from the nearest power socket so I'll bring 85m of extension cable and hope we can use the timing system.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 10:57pm
Thumbs Up
As we don't have the track until 12 do we have access to the other facilities before then?
Number 47
JohnnyAppleby View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyAppleby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 1:17pm
Sorry I don't look here often as I should, I will be bringing Natasha Morrison from Kenilworth, but should be around early to help with organisation, I loitered when Shawn & Jaycee were organizing Hog hill, so my understanding of running the event is limited but I'm sure with a few pointers I'll pick it up quickly
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 3:06pm
Thumbs Up
Number 47
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic