BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2017 Round 4 : Nelson, Sunday 14 May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 Round 4 : Nelson, Sunday 14 May
    Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:30pm
This is the place for discussion about the 4th round of the 2017 BHPC races at the Steven Burke Cycle track, Swinden Playing Fields, Nelson.

FORMAT
James and I are organising. As James was revising Prime Numbers for his pending GCSE maths exam he has decided that the format will be as follows:-

SLOW RACE, 53 minutes, anti-clockwise
FAST RACE, 53 Minutes, anti-clockwise
1 Lap time trial, Clockwise.

Sign-on from 10:00 am
First Race 11:15-ish

Details of the venue, and how to find it are in the following post.

Edited by ChrisH - 02 May 2017 at 11:12pm
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:56pm

Directions to Swinden Playing fields, Cravendale Avenue, Nelson:

Follow M65 eastbound towards Colne until the very end. At the large roundabout turn right onto Whitewalls Drive. At next roundabout go back on yourself in the other direction down Whitewalls Drive. Take your first left, into Regent Street. Carry on until you get to your first right turn with houses on. This is Cravendale Avenue. Carry on down Cravendale Avenue until you reach the second speed ramp. Immediately after this speed ramp is a small lane on the right between some houses (just after number 42). Drive down this alleyway and the pavilion (with changing rooms & toilets) and car park are there.

If you plug the address below into your sat-nav it will direct you there

42 Cravendale Ave, Nelson BB9 8SJ

The link below is to a google map showing the route from the end of the M65

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/53.8535001,-2.1910345/Swinden+Playing+Fields+%26+Cycle+Tracks,+Next+to+canal,+Nelson/@53.8487142,-2.2074553,16z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x487b919dd1e0ec81:0xc7dcb3dea7e3cf78!2m2!1d-2.2081088!2d53.8492143!3e0

And here’s some links to websites showing a map of the track (it includes a mixture of straight and bendy bits, so should be good)

http://keyassets.timeincuk.net/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/02/Steven-Burke-Sports-Hub.jpg

http://www.cdpp.org.uk/steven-burke-sports-hub/

legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:30pm
Are both May 13th and 14th "Sautrdays" this year? I know that nice Mr Corbyn has promised us extra bank holibobs but he hasn't won the election yet
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by legs_larry legs_larry wrote:

Are both May 13th and 14th "Sautrdays" this year? I know that nice Mr Corbyn has promised us extra bank holibobs but he hasn't won the election yet
Topic titles fixed. Pedant Wink.

When the revolution comes May, in both senses of the word, will be banished so enjoy it while it lasts.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 8:45pm
Does anybody have any idea what the race format will be please?
Number 47
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 9:46pm
Russ, Jeff

as race organisers, the race format choices are entirely yours. Pick a format that suits you best is a good strategy. Only limitation for the Preston track is they all run anti-clockwise (as the finishing sprint is somewhat precarious in the other direction.
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:46am
I will only be going to Preston and not Nelson but a suggestion for preston, (almost rhymes) say a fifteen minute first race both slow and fast then a forty five minute second race slow and fast, discuss between yourselves,
Jeff.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 12:18pm
Sounds ok to me....
Number 47
russellbridge View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 9:08am
I just logged on to post the same suggestion as Jeff, so happy with that. Equal points split...
Russ
Carol View Drop Down
Visitor (regular)
Visitor (regular)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:22am
I hope I'm right in assuming that our transit van will fit down this alley? I've had a look on Google maps, but it's hard to judge the width from the available pictures....
Westcountry Recumbents
http://www.wrhpv.com
Feet first on three wheels.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic