BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2017 Round 3 : Preston, Saturday 13 May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:25pm
Both Alan and Geoff are missing several (7-8ish) laps from race 2 due to an extended gap in their tag reads. Geoff's figure of 18 laps looks about right and I'm guessing Alan finished on the same lap, a few seconds ahead? We have full video of the race but if someone can confirm this it will save someone having to watch through the rivetting footage.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:59pm
Correct - I was on the same lap as Geoff and sneaked past at the end with a tow from the group led by Jes in the pedal car...

GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 9:25pm
Out tactic-ed fair and square...

By the way, is anyone writing a race report of this and Nelson? The next mag is looking more like a pamphlet at the moment!

Edited by GeoffBird - 14 May 2017 at 9:25pm
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 10:47pm
The e-timing results from Preston, including corrections for Geoff and Alan in Race 2, are now available on the website here:
www.bhpc.org.uk/Data/Sites/1/media/events/events17/03preston
To see the number of laps for each rider choose 'Show Every Lap' under the animation of the race.

Results in the more conventional format will appear here sometime tomorrow.
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:56am
Hi folks for what they are worth here are my photo's not many this time as part organiser and all racing together not a lot of time left is anyone has some photo's of any of the racers please share that would be nice thanks.
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:00am
Thanks for towing me around in both races Jeff!! I'm hoping to be on something slightly quicker at the next race so I may be able to return the favour. :D

Woolly Hat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woolly Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 3:52pm
Hi Everyone,

Here's a few pics from the start of the first race on Saturday...

And the starting lineup of the second race...

These have all had to be significantly reduced from the original size in order to comply with the posting limits. If you are interested in any of them in the original size (72dpi) pm me with your email details and i'll send them over.

Colin

Ross Low Racer 77 and coming soon Radicality 0.9!
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:09pm
Many thanks to Andrew for the results. How have you gone from a 'velodrome display' to a realistic one, with corners in the right places?
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:25pm
The timing software has a facility to import circuit maps in GPX format. Barney has provided these for most of the tracks we use using some high-resolution maps he has access to. However a few tracks, including Nelson, are too new to appear on any maps so it falls back to the standard oval.
GeoffBird View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:30pm
Cool!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic