BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2017 Round 11: Scunthorpe, Sunday 10th September
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2017 Round 11: Scunthorpe, Sunday 10th September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 2:07pm
Mini-me is not amused - he thought he'd stayed out of view...

There's something wrong with the results in the 1hr fast race - I valiantly towed John Lucian around for 57mins, and despite dastardly tactics of him then trying to jump onto a group of lapping faster riders, I wheeled him back in and even managed to pull half a lap clear at the end... (just trying to make myself feel better about being unfit and 3rd from last) Big smile

Thanks to all for a good day's racing, sorry I had to dash off early...

Russ
GeoffBird View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoffBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 4:21pm
Andrew S wrote: "Surely a magazine cover here, Geoff?"

I would be spoilt for choice for cover photos were it not for the fact the cover is portrait format, not landscape :-(
Right Time - Right Place - Wrong Speed
Yanto View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 8:47pm
Brian has too many classes against his Evo, I know he was an org' but that is blatant point pinching from other classes Wink
Ian, not so ex racer but still of dubious capability
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 9:39pm
Yanto is right. Apologies for the enthusiastic clicking on the registration tablet.
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 9:45pm
Thanks to Lee & Brian for organising yesterday.

And to Andrew for all the timelordery

It was a good day out with quite a Smörgåsbord of different machines on show.

I was particularly impressed with the way Jochen embraced his puncture-induced crash, which put his bike (but not his verve) out of action early on the 1 hr slow race. So off he jogs to the car to unload the spare bike, realises he then has to go find his daughter to get the car keys so he can get his tool box out of the so he could fix the spare bike up with a idler wheel that wasn't yet in place then run back down to the track to try ad recover the six laps he need to retake the lead. Only then to find out that his front  brake pads were quite tightly rubbing on the front disc. Although he never recovered all those lost laps, he did keep on riding, so I imagine his front disc is now somewhat thinner (and lighter) than before, so maybe that will pay dividends next time he's out racing... Well done Jochen....A+ for effort
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 9:01am
If anyone picked up a pair of racing gloves, with a mirror attached, at Scunthorpe then they probably belong to Mike Burrows who has lost just such a pair. I think I saw them by the door in the timing hut at some point.
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 9:33am
Yep I saw a pair in the timing hut and tried to reunite with the owner. I have given them to ChrisH so he has the pair that were in the timing hut.
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 9:46am
Yes, I've got them.

I'll get them back to him......

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 10:29am
Excellent - I shall let Mike know.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 8:10pm
The final results for Scunthorpe are now available on the BHPC website together with the updated 2017 Championship Tables.

The final results are more than usually different to (from?) the first-pass results posted above:
  • Several people have had one lap deducted from the 1-hour races following a careful check of the timing data. It appears the timing system recorded the first crossing of the line for a few riders whereas the first crossing (i.e. the start of the race) should be ignored. I know why this happened and it WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

• Classes  corrected for Brian and Pete Watson (fairing added).

• "Little Judy" now spelled correctly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic