BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2017 Round 1: Hillingdon - Sunday 9th April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 Round 1: Hillingdon - Sunday 9th April
    Posted: 08 March 2017 at 1:47pm
First race of the season is now just a month away!

This is the place for comments and discussions about Round1 of the 2017 Championship at Hillingdon Cycle Circuit on Sunday 9th April.

Once you've checked over/purchased/rebuilt your summer steed (Maybe even treated it to an annual clean), do we have any eager volunteers to help out with the organising??

atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2017 at 9:00am
Just a friendly nudge to all our members coming to Hillingdon that pay their membership via the webshop, if they would like to renew/pay before Hillingdon. This will help out the race organiser to have a more complete list of membership.

Many Thanks

Brian
Membership Secretary
HeatherF View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeatherF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2017 at 10:43am
If it is easier (and to save the club 5-6% Paypal fees!) you can do an online bank transfer to:
40   10  06
824 6474 8
(without the spaces)

Please use your name and "membership" as a reference and send an email to treasurer at BHPC.org.uk to let me know you've done it.

Thank you

Heather
Treasurer

AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2017 at 12:00pm
Copied from the other Hillingdon thread which has now been deleted to avoid confusion...
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Welcome to the 2017 BHPC Race Season... First race is at Hillingdon on Sunday 9th April.

Any offers of help with organising will be welcome as always...

The first race of the year is usually fairly busy with membership renewals as well as race entry...
If you are planning to renew your membership please get there in plenty of time... If you could bring the correct amount of money (or a cheque) that would be helpful as change is sometimes in short supply... You can of course join or renew via the online shop before the event.... Standard adult membership is still just £15 and we now have the option of e-membership (no paper magazine, download only) at a ridiculously cheap £6 - http://shop.bhpc.org.uk/bhpc-membership

If you're new to racing please have a quick look at the rules here... http://www.bhpc.org.uk/Events/2014/rules-and-classes.aspx 

Helmets must be worn and you must cover any sticky-out bits that might damage another rider or (far more importantly) organiser...

The race format will be as follows....

Registration/Sign-on will open as soon as I get the gates open and the laptop plugged in, definitely by 10am... and will CLOSE at 11:00AM...

Assuming we get a reasonable turnout the field will be split into two... We will need plenty of willing helpers to count laps and operate stopwatches as a backup for the whizzy new timing system.

11:30am: "Slow" race - 30 minutes + 1 lap Anti-Clockwise

12:15pm: "Fast" race - 30 minutes + 1 lap Anti-Clockwise

1:30pm: "Slow" race - 30 minutes + 1 lap Clockwise

2:15pm: "Fast" race - 30 minutes + 1 lap Clockwise.
Points will be awarded equally for clockwise and anticlockwise races...

Edited by AlanGoodman - 02 April 2017 at 12:02pm
Number 47
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2017 at 11:17pm
Alan

I can lend a hand and Netty could help selling stickers and postcards.

Regards

Brian.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2017 at 11:19pm
Many thanks!

Number 47
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 10:48am
Could I also remind everyone who has them to make sure they bring their timing tags. The best place to mount them is on the helmet, one either side. If this isn't possible then try and make sure they are:
  • away from any conductive surface (e.g. steel, aluminium, carbon fibre). Fibreglass and plastic are OK.
  • horizontal and facing towards you when viewed from the side of the track
If you are new to BHPC racing, or have lost your tags, then please make sure you get them from the timekeepers table in plenty of time before your race. The table will be somewhere near the start line from about 10.30am.

Edited by Andrew S - 08 April 2017 at 10:49am
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2017 at 5:58pm
Thanks to everybody who came along - 32 entries was a pretty good start to the season.
I hope those that fell off are ok!

Full results will follow soon once Andrew and Heather have checked the timing system results against the video footage.

This is the first event where we have just used the timing system and not run the stopwatches so please bear with us...

Number 47
antonin_d View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antonin_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 2:19pm
It was great to meet you all on such a gorgeous day! I'm looking forward to the next one.

Where should I look for photos & videos of the event?
blogwat View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blogwat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2017 at 2:36pm
Hi folks
thank you for another great days racing big up for the unsung heroes who tirelessly make it happen, and the sun shone too and there was warmth, I was down to just three thin layers, unheard of at this time of year I ever removed my hat and that never happens in broard daylight and bare skin was shown, big thanks to Richard and brother Dave for pushing me and getting my moneys worth and to mr Notty Bear himself for bringing his emaculate Penny Farthing to not only show us but demonstrate it too, so here are a selection of photo's of the fast racers, as I was in the slow race and have not managed to learn to take photo's and ride at the same time, nice to meet some new people and to fellow racers again copy any pic's you want, commiserations to Mike and Shaun who took a tumble hope you are both ok and to Rob who went for a rumble into the stones on the bend. cheers.

Edited by blogwat - 10 April 2017 at 2:39pm
when your up to your waist in aligators they forget to tell you you've got to clear the swamp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic