BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2016 Round 8: Redbridge (Hog Hill), Aug 21st

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 7:37am
Yes, I am pretty sure me and Neil both made 20 laps with Neil finishing a few seconds before me. That's also in agreement with my and Neil's Strata data.

Jochen
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 9:17am
Originally posted by JohnnyAppleby JohnnyAppleby wrote:

Me and Jnr are not worried about points, I don't think it right to get points as individuals as we were both effectively cheating by having an extra engine as there's no class for the four legged riders I think our collective points should not be counted, luckily we finished last in each round so don't affect the points and placings of other riders.
Sorry mate, rules is rules and points is points. And what do rules mean? Blazers!

Actually the rules about tandems were thrashed out some years ago by my esteemed predecessor, Mr Setter of Yorkshire. There are never enough tandems to form a class on their own so the simplest way to allow them to compete is to treat them as a single bike with a single rider. It was thought that the benefit of the extra power was pretty much balanced by the extra weight, fatter wheels, etc so there's no unfairness to other riders with no friends.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 1:04pm
Number 47
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by atlas_shrugged atlas_shrugged wrote:

Could we change the times to those of the master timer:
Do we have the equivalent for the other three races or are we going with the original times?
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 10:05pm
The other 3 races are good timing-wise as far as we know. So the times for the other 3 races stay unchanged and we can keep the original times and lap counts. The very first race even has full video corroboration that I am going to enter for the Cannes Film Festival - it is very arty.

Thanks to the race organisers: John, Dave, Alan, and Netty.

It was great to see the Tandem whizzing round, the trike, and the 4-wheeler too.

Edited by atlas_shrugged - 24 August 2016 at 10:10pm
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 1:42pm
The final results for Redbridge are now available on the BHPC website together with the updated 2016 Championship tables.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic