BHPC Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2016 Round 8: Redbridge (Hog Hill), Aug 21st

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 1:10pm
Alan,
can you please check the results as I'm pretty certain that I was ahead of Jochin. I think he was  probably 10-20 seconds behind me rather than in front.
farwer View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farwer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 1:19pm
Nice day really and thanks to the organisers. Yes, Neil was in front of me. Jochen
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 1:50pm
No problem - There was some confusion over times with more than one listed for some people.
I've sent the race spreadsheet to Andrew so those two results can be switched before publication on the main site, along with any other quibbles he receives in the usual way (written on the back of a £50 note....) Big smile
Number 47
DavidKK View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidKK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 11:03pm
Unfortunately I had to leave early but I did take a few photos.  They can be found here https://flic.kr/s/aHskCbXPUX and in the BHPC Flickr group.
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 8:08pm
Jochen / Neil

I think Neil should be credited with 21 laps (not 20 laps) in Round 2 Race 2. Can you both let us know if you agree (or provide alternative theory). The individual timers provided this information:

Neil 20 laps 33:56.73
Jochen 20 laps 33:46.02

Thanks.
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Neil F Neil F wrote:

can you please check the results as I'm pretty certain that I was ahead of Jochin. I think he was  probably 10-20 seconds behind me rather than in front.
I'm confused - are we all talking about Round 2 here? If so then it sounds like Neil thinks he was a few seconds ahead of Jochen, not a lap and a few seconds.

I understand the tandem was piloted by both Applebys, not just Snr? If so then the points go to the pair of riders, treated as if they were one person with four legs, not to either of the riders individually.
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 9:05pm
I think it was just that they were racing using Johnny Snr's race number so he came up on the sheet...
needs a new entry (and new number?) I guess.
Number 47
JohnnyAppleby View Drop Down
Visitor (new)
Visitor (new)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyAppleby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 11:10pm
Me and Jnr are not worried about points, I don't think it right to get points as individuals as we were both effectively cheating by having an extra engine as there's no class for the four legged riders I think our collective points should not be counted, luckily we finished last in each round so don't affect the points and placings of other riders.
ChrisH View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 11:17pm
[/QUOTE]
I understand the tandem was piloted by both Applebys, not just Snr? If so then the points go to the pair of riders, treated as if they were one person with four legs, not to either of the riders individually.
[/QUOTE]

Mmmmmmm........I've got a tandem , and I'm also from Norfolk. I've probably got a relative somewhere with enough legs to be able to ride a tandem and claim all the points for themselves
atlas_shrugged View Drop Down
Committee
Committee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atlas_shrugged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 12:57am
For Round 2 Race 2 (last fast race)
Based on video evidence here to get the order at the flag:

Could we change the times to those of the master timer:
32:43.04 Steve
33:50.54 Johnny
33:51.29 David
33:55.73 Neil
34:05.54 Jochen
34:29.00 Gus

The number of laps stays the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic