BHPC Website Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public: Open to anyone > Racing > BHPC Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a new topic? Please try and put it in a relevant forum (Riding, Building, etc) but if you're not sure it's better to post in any forum than not to post at all.

2016 Round 7: York, July 31st

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russellbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2016 at 5:21pm
Thanks Geoff. Yes I've got Win 7 installs down to a fine art now - iso image on a memory stick, always onto SSD hard drives - super fast...

I don't trust Microsoft either with free issue of Win 10 - "here 1 billion users, have a free OS, we don't need the money"...there's a catch around the corner somewhere...

Edited by russellbridge - 09 August 2016 at 3:14pm
Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2016 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by GeoffBird GeoffBird wrote:

restoring Windows 7 is very straightforward but of course wastes another hour of your time. You don't seem to get any Windows 10 pop ups afterwards either. I found some stuff just didn't work with Windows 10. Grrr2
One bit of that stuff is the interface on the timing system laptop that connects to the tag reader, hence the no-show at Shrewsbury and my subsequent discovery that restoring back to Windows 7 is only possible for 30 days. After that the necessary restore files are swiftly and silently deleted Sick.

Edited by Andrew S - 09 August 2016 at 1:26pm
AlanGoodman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Club Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanGoodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2016 at 1:35pm
Machines upgraded from 7 (or 8.1) to 10 are generally not happy bunnies...
A clean install of Windows 10 is usually ok (although older stuff still won't always work with it.

I'm running Windows 7 here on the main PC and no plans to change any time soon!!

Andrew S View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2016 at 1:43pm
The final results for York are at last available on the website together with the updated 2016 Championship tables.

Gus has been credited with another lap in the 20-min fast race following a stewards enquiry and the delivery of a channel-ferry-size Toblerone to Thee Keeper of Thee Chocolate.
legs_larry View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legs_larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 10:49am
Originally posted by AlanGoodman AlanGoodman wrote:

Machines upgraded from 7 (or 8.1) to 10 are generally not happy bunnies...
A clean install of Windows 10 is usually ok (although older stuff still won't always work with it.

I'm running Windows 7 here on the main PC and no plans to change any time soon!!

All four Babbage-Engines at Larrington Towers are on 10, three of them from 8.1. One decided that the "upgrade" was actually a fresh install but the other two worked fine and the aberrant one is behaving itself once we'd reached an understanding about which one of us was in charge.

The fourth actually was a fresh install on an ancient laptop running XP but that only gets used for watching films in bed so it didn't matter if it went a bit wonky
====================

a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Challenge Gus View Drop Down
BHPC Member
BHPC Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Challenge Gus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 1:23pm
The cheque is in the post....
Should I buy some more trick bits for the Furai or just buy Optima High Baron.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic